Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image.jpg

Got all the parts from South Yuba Mining co and added a 2" Honda pump. It's 12" wide by 57" long. I can dump full buckets unclassified and it just eats it up. Took GG advice and added a dam at the bottom. Does really well getting all sizes of gold.

image.jpg

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I was you I would either put a 90 elbow were your layflat connects to the pvc or get you a small piece of pvc hose like what a dredge uses and make your connection. Looks good other wise.

OP
OP
Rdg Sluicer

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That was the first thing I noticed too.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks good.

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what is the dam sorry not familiar with that. But am down for any thing that improves recovery, could you explain? Nice pc. of equipment.

OP
OP
Rdg Sluicer

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The dam keeps fine material from migrating out the end of your sluice and creates a fluid bed. I get way more fines than I used to. In fact I have started using a Summit Mining Gold Bandit to clean them up because it just got to be too much to pan all the time.

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The dam keeps fine material from migrating out the end of your sluice and creates a fluid bed. I get way more fines than I used to. In fact I have started using a Summit Mining Gold Bandit to clean them up because it just got to be too much to pan all the time.
That sounds great is there a thread on building that. looks like is just a higher riffle at the end of sluice is that right?

OP
OP
Rdg Sluicer

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The dam is just a piece of 90 degree aluminum from Lowes riveted & sliconed in. Took all of about 5 min.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are made about 22 miles from my house, I've visited them folks a few times, great family and good looking products.

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds great is there a thread on building that. looks like is just a higher riffle at the end of sluice is that right?

If your riffles are compressing the miners moss tight against the bottom of your sluice you do not need this dam.
I have one at the end of the sluice for my trommel because I am using 3# expanded over moss and cannot clamp it down tight enough.

Wes

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was gonna write a song once, " blue hose blues" I'd chuck that stuff worth anything else at twice the price, suffered so much down time with blue hose blow outs, arrgh still mad at it, lol Local fire department tests their hoses at least once a year, can pick up the ones that don't pass their strict QC for free, then get correct adaptor from any good pipe supply place

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread