Broken clip on power jet HELP

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
One of my locking clips that holds my suction hose to my power jet broke. It's welded on and have been looking for a replacement. Hate to by another power jet as they are expensive. It's a keene 4 inch ultra mini dredge. A pitcure of it can be found here 4" Oversized Power Jet with 2" Jet Log: Keene Engineering Online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
there many different types that will work; check out McMaster-carr; McMaster-Carr
1863a210l.gif

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hose clamps for me as them insipid thangs are a pain in the arse-John

Hose clamps won't work on this. The over-sized jet-logs have a flair that the suction hose, with a metal end collar, slides inside of. I agree that these clips are a weak point, but without a full re-design it's all that there is.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you have a true value store in your area they should carry a very similar clip. You may get luck at a home depot or lowes but in my area they don't carry them.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly what Hoser means, the Keene coupler is crappola, they were way better off with either the old jet with hose clamps or keenes quick coupler that they used until they invented this one to try and compete with Prolines coupler. Keene had a great quick coupler before this new one that clamped over the hose. This new one is a total pain if you need to change it out in the field.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we say HACKSAW THAT GARBAGE OFF THERE?? Keep it simple as humanly possible,wrap that hose in duct tape and screw it in,unscrew to remove-just look at internal coils and procede accordingly. The more convalutions the more that can go wrong-John

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can we say HACKSAW THAT GARBAGE OFF THERE?? Keep it simple as humanly possible,wrap that hose in duct tape and screw it in,unscrew to remove-just look at internal coils and procede accordingly. The more convalutions the more that can go wrong-John
that's right on The money

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread