Looking for a mask

chef440rt

May 2, 2014
central MA
Detector(s) used
Keen 4'' dredge with race car stickers to make it pump faster.
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost my beloved mask that has been with me for 10 years, over the weekend and need to get a replacement. There are so many to choose from so I thought I would ask here to see what masks are recommended for dredging. I was looking for a regular mask not a full face one. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love my hawaii 3 from us divers, fits about everyone and side windows for more light.
Rick

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you are looking for a regular mask, but I thought I'd suggest you look into a full face if you haven't tried them. I bought an AGA on ebay for $150- and I love how I can breathe through my nose all day and not have a dry throat or gag. As a side note, check out this cool mask: Easybreath Snorkeling Mask | DudeIWantThat.com It's made in France, and I don't know who sells it here, but I want one.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because of the years of diving in dirty water, I use the pro ear 2000 and have had the same mask for over 10years now and it's still like new with no leaks.
Amazon.com : IST Pro-Ear 2000 Scuba Dive Mask - ProEar Swim Mask : Sports & Outdoors
Swimming Ear Protection Diving Masks ProEar 2000

I watched the video Rick :) lol... the mask for rookies. I do prefer a full face helmet with voice over above all else but at $1000+ for a good unit and with dredging being banned still, I'll stick with what I have until I can dredge Kalifornika again.

Last edited:

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Reed, to each his own, but as a dive instructor with over 2000 dives this mask rocks. I have had these many years and love it for ALL kinds of diving that I have done ( including Dredging ). Fits more faces, but yes it has more air space and some find it a little annoying to clear. but for the face down sniping and dredging not much problemo. ROOKIES, I don't think so. :laughing7:. Next up is the full face mask woohoo. warmer, easier to breath, kind of a pain to clear but again to each his own. I won't be a hater for anyone elses opinion. if it works for ya go with it !!!!!
Rick

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've used this mask really? EASYBREATH snorkeling mask | Tribord
Then show me a new and old pic cause I really don't believe ya in the least :headbang:
hehe, so I have to call you out on it to proove it with a pic.
I've never owned the tribord mask and I freely admit it but here's a 10 year old pic of my son using an old Cressi mask that came with the 4" Dahlke behind him. I like full face masks for cold conditions or easily talking and working together under water but I've never used a tribord mask with a built in snorkel. I'm still using that same Cressi and same Keene regulator when needed though I prefer my pro ear 2000. My little diving pic on the left is 15 years old now and the full size is on my pics page.
Abe.jpg

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
I've always had problems getting a mask to fit my face good so I'd recommend buying one where you can try it on before buying, like a dive shop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread