I would like to wish a pox on whomever ransacked our claim

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mt Dew and snacks........

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bear boards work just fine on 2 legged critters also. Makes thieves ez to spot as they limp down the trail:skullflag: Leaving a calling card is just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bloody much as steal your stuff is one thang but to wipe kaka in your face--no mo' Mr Niceguy ...hunting season is open and toe tags readily available-John

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where's the line guys? Because we use a semi-anonymous message board we can say anything we want?

Lying in wait is 1st degree murder. Here in California that's the chair but actually its worse. You get years of appeals filled with false hope and a roller coaster ride for the rest of your life.

Don't get me wrong. Thieves are the scum of the earth- well just below politicians. The material stuff they took is replaceable. What isn't is the piece of mind OV2 has lost. He'll be lucky if he gets it back in a few years. Plotting a Machiavellian response is a huge waste of time and head space. How about some constructive ideas?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They used to hang horse thieves... and rightfully so. Today car thieves want to exercise their "rights" and not be shot on sight. Thieves invade a person's home and then holler about excessive force being used upon their bodies. After being robbed once... then twice... and setting a trap for ANY INDIVIDUAL is totally understandable upon these happenings. Why do folks always want to contact "law enforcement" for their personal problems? I'm in full support of making THEM (evil doers) deal with you ... not you with them or asking someone else to deal with it. If someone invades your personal property and steals why would ANYONE want to hold YOU accountable for your reaction... It's sick what the innocent / victims have to adhere too today. I didn't, wouldn't and won't ever. If I need help I'll call.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
If we get some good game cam shots, I will print the pictures and post them in the known campgrounds they stay at, so everyone knows who they are staying next to.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where's the line guys? Because we use a semi-anonymous message board we can say anything we want?

Lying in wait is 1st degree murder. Here in California that's the chair but actually its worse. You get years of appeals filled with false hope and a roller coaster ride for the rest of your life.

Don't get me wrong. Thieves are the scum of the earth- well just below politicians. The material stuff they took is replaceable. What isn't is the piece of mind OV2 has lost. He'll be lucky if he gets it back in a few years. Plotting a Machiavellian response is a huge waste of time and head space. How about some constructive ideas?

My name is Roy Miller, I'm not hiding behind some message board. If I catch someone stealing my crap, I'll blast them dead and you know what? I'll have a smile on my face while I bury them under my dredge tailings! Our country is going to hell in a hand basket because everyone is so concerned about being politically correct or about some murderer or thieves rights that they forget about the victim and make the offender out to be the victim. We are becoming the laughing stock of the world. We have one of the highest crime rates, more people in prisons per capita (did you know we spend almost $40,000 per year housing each inmate in prison?) If more people took action outside of courts and the police just happened to look the other way, we would once again become a world leader instead of a world joke.

Hate me all you want, I've served this country, gave up my good health defending your rights so you could sit here being a keyboard warrior instead of taking action and taking this country back.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My name is Roy Miller, I'm not hiding behind some message board. If I catch someone stealing my crap, I'll blast them dead and you know what? I'll have a smile on my face while I bury them under my dredge tailings! Our country is going to hell in a hand basket because everyone is so concerned about being politically correct or about some murderer or thieves rights that they forget about the victim and make the offender out to be the victim. We are becoming the laughing stock of the world. We have one of the highest crime rates, more people in prisons per capita (did you know we spend almost $40,000 per year housing each inmate in prison?) If more people took action outside of courts and the police just happened to look the other way, we would once again become a world leader instead of a world joke.

Hate me all you want, I've served this country, gave up my good health defending your rights so you could sit here being a keyboard warrior instead of taking action and taking this country back.

My hats off to ya Roy... I totally agree with ya and I'd sleep just fine also like you. And thank you for your service. To many bleeding hearts in this country. And I meet my last "problem child" in the courthouse parking lot right at the front door. Made my point... got into my truck and drove home. Not every problem requires calling for help. I'm in with YOU buddy... Brad

stephenhansen2

Mar 10, 2014
Ferndale, WA
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next time put some ultraviolet paint powder all over your stuff and maybe you could track them to there camp site. that or hook a motion detector to a stereo on high instead of a light. they have solar powered ones.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few years back I had some crackheads feeding their habit by stealing stuff off my landscaping trailer. Their 3rd trip back I released my pig dogs a pair of 150# ridgeback pit mix. Took ER more than 4 hrs to sew them up. Not a trespasser at my house since. Lot to be said about a good dog.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carlsbad the courts just killed the death penalty in kalif so claim a breakdown,in mental hospital for a year,and by god I'm cured and see the light as a free man hahahah get'm Oak but GOOD.John

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:cussing:got hit again, tools this time, cheapy harbor freight open end, sockets, crescent wrenches, vise grips. Add a another cam:angry4::cussing:

Bummer Oak . Them must be some petty little *******s stealing stuff like that .
Maybe you need to hump your stuff out every trip for the time being .
Don't leave nothing to steal . If you do catch and confront ...... use caution .
Never underestimate an opponent .

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Too far down the canyon to pack in and out. Would spend all weekend packing and no time minning. It has to be kids, nobody would walk that far, take so little, and leave so much. Taking another game cam up, if I get some good shots, will print and post around the campsite. I only need to catch them once to put the fear of GOD in them:laughing7:

I carry a short barrelled shotgun with the first round 00 Buck and all proceeding one ounce hollow point rifled slugs. Any man nor beast that is brave enough to wade through that, can have my ass. PS also carry a sidearm, 357 magnum, and my son packs his trusty AR 15, 556, scoped and bipoded. I don't worry about critters, but forrest service and fish and shame are afraid of the meth cookers and cartel growers, and I don't like running up against those types empty handed. My goal is to work my claim, find some gold, spend some time with my son, and go home at the end of the day...

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"My goal is to work my claim, find some gold, spend some time with my son, and go home at the end of the day..."

As it should be... If you get some photos post'em here so we can see'em also. And I think your ass is covered. Best wishes from me... Brad

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an idea Oak. Bring a cable and a lock or 2. Put your stuff (or even decoy stuff) in a bundle a suspend it from a tree like you would food you don't want a bear to get.
1- you may be able to secure you things this way.
2- at least it would give you a good target for your game cam.

good luck-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread