Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I'm sorry you were ripped off but in this day and age - anything not tied down or locked up will probably be stolen. With all the illegal immigrants floating in CA - it could even be illegal gang members. You have no way of knowing unless you catch them red-handed. But sure - it sucks!

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
We were up till 1:30 watching them net fish in the creek with red hedlamps....

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well law breakers obviously can be criminals or illegals - hence very dangerous.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very uncool......I hope they have an "accident"
Hills and rivers are dangerous!
Then I hope they are arrested.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the good ol' days I left my truck for 2 weeks at a time beside the hwy when I was down in dredge camp - nothing (human) ever touched it. And vice-versa, I could stay in town for 3-4 days and nobody messed with camp or equip. - my how times change... :BangHead:

Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it is so messed up out there, seems Criminals have more rights then victims
too bad we can't go back to the good-ol-days

stephenhansen2

Mar 10, 2014
Ferndale, WA
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it works both ways. only illegal if you get caught. just make sure they cant talk when your done!

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just thank Private Pile for thieves...

Sorry to hear about your stuff. Thankfully it is all replacable. Take the high road.. Count your losses and chalk it up to the world we live in.. An eye for an eye is beneath men like you... Anyway I hope you get it resolved peacefully.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting on new glass to be tempered on my camper shell AGAIN as crankster gangsters rob,rape and pillage to fill that addiction. At the gas station friday was in the middle of a chase,crash near shootout at am/pm. Nice day a sluicing at claims,all mellow till 100++ heat and in flies a toyota,slams into the huge bern at the store,dozen cop cars,helo and HEROIN fueled maniac broad with 2 kids in the car pulled a knife as long line at starbucks,drove through stop lights,crossed over into oncoming traffic and finaly crash at am/pm. No yaa as crime spirals outta control in Redding. Carry a stun gun/gun/taser or big knife ifn' ya value your life up here as homeless/freed criminals are like fleas now. Bummer to hear ya got screwed again. I'd a raised bloody LL over net bs as you well know IT'S THE MINERS KILLN' THE FISH sic sic sic-John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
you may want to keep a eye on these fish and game people, aswell as the other gubermint agencies that are around! they think if its left, its abandoned then and they clear it out! theres to much of this going around! time for a sting setup and a azzkicking to teach them a lesson!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that OV2. If you have positive info turn it in to DFW. Karma comes in many forms. We hardly venture out on weekends up here and really avoid the 3 day weekend crowd. What kind of an idiot would want to eat a stocked fish? Morons.

You can borrow my 20' ladder if you want to post any KEEP OUT or Under surveillance signs.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main reason this stuff happens and is getting worse is that people don't stand up for themselves and let others get away with it (partly from fear of getting in trouble for not being a pu$$y).....if I catch anyone messing with my stuff .....Well lucky for them teeth are replaceable too. High-road ?....on it everyday! Enabling some low life thief who is just gonna steal from and possibly do harm to someone else I don't think so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
They were a real high class bunch, will take us a month to pick up all the trash, red solo cups, empty beer cases, bottles ect.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm real sorry for the loss of you guys equipment Oakview2. Good gear is expensive and becomes personal. These are "my" tools.

Nothing really is safe now days. I work for The California Dept. Of Transportation (CalTrans) on Highway 199 along the Smith River. It's a pretty remote and beautiful area. When we arrived at work this morning we discovered the huge aluminum sign on the border, welcoming people from Oregon to California, was gone.

Like I said this is a remote area. There is a guy who live close by though. When we talked with him he said "I heard a hell of a noise late last night so I walked up my gravel road, to the highway, to see what was going on. Two guys in a green Toyota pickup were repeatedly backing into the heavy laminated posts holding up the sign". He doesn't have phone service so he high tailed it back to his place and let it be.

This morning the sign was gone. This was a big sign, about 10' X 15' of heavy gauge aluminum. I'd imagine it has a fare amount of value.

Everyone take precautions, this thievery is widespread and growing. All the best to you and yours Oakview2.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
No end to what these meth zombies will steal:BangHead:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine if they put that effort into being useful and helpful......nowadays there is no shame to being on federal/state relief...with an able body...too many would rather take the lazy route and have no qualms about taking from other hard working people be it from government checks or just plain stealing.....pathetic worthless people. Considering how many hours a week and how many years I have been working....it really pisses me off. The worst part is that there is the person who took oakviews stuff would be pissed if someone stole from him....and that there is someone who will hand over cash for that aluminum sign...if you know anything about civilization and American history...it would seem that things are gonna get hairy and come to a head sooner or later. Some of us will only put up with so much.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
They need to hang them boys in the town square, let him swing till they fall, and set up a sixty cal for anyone who trys to cut them down. BITTER, maybe:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread