Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Old pair of work boots, glue low profile carpet to the sole,

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
cold weather boots [ pacs ] with a felt liner inside, take out the liner and wear your dives booties inside the boots. cut the felt liner up and glue to the bottom of the rubber boots on the out side. warm feet and no more slip and slide.

bill/cr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The newer boots with the bottoms lined with a kind of felt are absolutely amazing. Fly fishermen bud gave me a pair a dozen years ago,wore'm out. I have new Hodgman now and NOTHING even comes close for grip beyond comprehension. Many manufactures now and carried by almost all good sporting goods stores.Diving booties are not made for river walkin' on sharp rocks and you'll kill your feet. I have the best a the best a the best and still save for scuba and maybe a little fanning as you can easily ruin your feet--John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
my soles on my wetsuit shoes have the felt added to the bottoms and I got them (very reasonably) from BassPro here in the St. Louis , Missouri area. and I used them for 5 years now dredgeing. recently the Missouri Conservation Dept outlawed the felt bottoms on footwear. or any type of material that will/would help transfer any Zebra shell muscels or anytype of wildlife. But they worked good while it lasted!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yup my first pair was about dozen yaers ago too, killer on them rocks late in the summer, been unable to find another pair at the local stores

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup my first pair was about dozen yaers ago too, killer on them rocks late in the summer, been unable to find another pair at the local stores

I work in a canyon that is mainly boulders and not so much gravel or sand, so walking is usually on slippery rocks in the water- so it is not uncommon to slip and fall multiple times a day. After having many messed up shins, and knees, I decided to do something different. I use "bogs" boots Men's Roper - 69162 - Waterproof Boots & Shoes for Men, Women & Kids - Bogs - they are a bit more expensive, but they last years and they are very comfortable to wear both in and out of the water. Something else I do (and I have never seen anyone else do) is I bought a pair of ice hockey shin guards that protect
your legs from your ankles to over your knees (Bauer Supreme TotalOne NXG Sr. Shin Guards) - I can usually buy a good used pair on ebay for around $10-20. Those combined with the bogs make for a bullet proof protection for my feet and legs. If I slip on a rock and go down like a sack of potatoes on my knee, not a big deal. It really speeds up my ability to move around with no issues of hurting my legs or knees. Because of the protection, I charge all over the place, with no fears. Daily, I have incidents which would normally end with at least good bruises, and yet no issues occur. I originally got the shin guards to protect my shins while I was dredging underwater, but have found them to be priceless while walking around on the slippery rocks.

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
I also use bogs boots. They cost a bit more, around $100. But they are amazing! I wear some 3mm socks and I tuck them under my wetsuit and my feet are toasty warm after hours in the water. They also have thick soles and are made for working.

OP
OP
chef440rt

chef440rt

May 2, 2014
central MA
Detector(s) used
Keen 4'' dredge with race car stickers to make it pump faster.
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Bog Boots look like they would work great.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thieves got my camper shell window yet again,last week, Oak2 AND another dredge this year--sic sic world-John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
These dang meth zombies will steal anything to keep their misery ongoing.

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
when you get you new boots get a tube of ShooGoo and apply to all the seams. this may look ugly but it will help keeping them from tearing apart. Hard sole boots are the way to go.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
another option is to get sock bootee's and wear some used or cheap shoes

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wader boots with steal cleated felt soles...Cabelas for around $65.00. You will never slip on a rock again or turn an ankle. I usually get 2 years wear before they start to come apart.

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thieves got my camper shell window yet again,last week, Oak2 AND another dredge this year--sic sic world-John

I run at least two game cams watching my camp while I'm up my creek. One in plain view and the other not. That way I can look the thief up and say "Hi". Try to set them to catch their license plate on approach.

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just tore apart my 2nd set of 7mm neoprene boots so far this year. Does anyone know of a tougher boot than the standard neoprene boot?

I personally like the muck steel toe boot, not the one with pull handles on the sides but the full calf height one. They are light like moccasins and grip real well, best thing next to felt. Wont take long before you appreciate the steel toes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread