OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Plywood slats 4" x 2' with dozens of nails driven through them. Cover in leaves and good to go---good for bears,critters AND lousy thieves-John

John, my luck some thief would step on the nails and then sue me!

Anyways, thanks guys! I planned on calling the wife when in town...wish my phone worked were I'm going but it doesn't. It's a 3 hour drive back to Boise so I'm going to try to make the trip once a week but the ol' lady might change my mind!

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
. It's a 3 hour drive back to Boise so I'm going to try to make the trip once a week but the ol' lady might change my mind![/QUOTE]
My wife has changed her mind on going to Colorado so much that I guess ill just have to go without her!:) if she will let me go!:):)

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats omni!! Next season hows about you and me team up in Colo. Ill be there in one month

Possibly...if I hit my 30oz goal the next 2 months I may be going to Alaska next season to try to double or triple that amount...but could just come back to Idaho to dredge being there may be better gold here...
I'm looking for 1 or two guys that want to dredge in AK...that way we split the expense but we run our own dredges. Not sure how things will play out, if I find a great claim in CO I could stay there but it's going to have to produce 1/2 oz a day...

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why I dumped 3 of them ---A MANS GOTTA DO WHAT A MANS GOTTA DO IN THIS SHORT LIFE. Always another woman but NEVER another chance at life. It's far better to have flown like a eagle for a single hour than to have waddled through life like a chicken on the ground. Your life ,your decision,John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
[. Not sure how things will play out, if I find a great claim in CO I could stay there but it's going to have to produce 1/2 oz a day...[/QUOTE]
1/2 oz. a day in Colorado?? Im not sure if thatll happen in Colorado or even in Wyoming!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly...if I hit my 30oz goal the next 2 months I may be going to Alaska next season to try to double or triple that amount...but could just come back to Idaho to dredge being there may be better gold here...
I'm looking for 1 or two guys that want to dredge in AK...that way we split the expense but we run our own dredges. Not sure how things will play out, if I find a great claim in CO I could stay there but it's going to have to produce 1/2 oz a day...
I wouldn't plan on ½oz days in Co but there is good gold to be had. If you start having oz days in Idaho, I would stay there. I've been living on the river again for 2 months now and only come to town when needed. Propane showers or solar showers are nice but I wouldn't ever come to town for a shower every week. We went to town every 3 weeks in Idaho 2 years ago and used nothing that needed refrigeration. This year we bought a Pelican ice chest for the meat and it holds the ice for weeks when it's packed right :) You should just pick up a solar shower or use the heater on the dredge for a shower instead of spending money in town. We bought an Aqua Cube last year for the women to shower in and I have used it a few times but the river is what I prefer to use to stay clean here then warm in the late afternoon sun :hello:

GoldminersWife

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2014
Gold Country
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do your laundry on site too. I bought a 5 gallon bucket, a black toilet plunger and cut holes around the rubber and cut a slit in the bucket lid. Fill the bucket half full of water, add a little detergent, add clothes, add plunger, put the lid on and then plunge the heck out of the clothes for a few minutes. Empty water, repeat, then add more water and plunge again for the rinse cycle. Hand clothes to drip dry. It works real well living at the River all summer with my hubby on our claim. Here is a YouTube video on the subject. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=riqYz2WEfRQ

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
So Goldminerswife, your the one responsible for Mr. Reed Lukens. Thats a hefty task.
Welcome, as im sure everyone knows or soon will that you are the other half of one of the Original Gangsters of the modern gold game.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey John nice camp setup you show there! I agree camp needs to be comfortable as shutting down in the evening and being uncomfortable is not very nice.

Having company while camping/prospecting is a good thing, just wish I could find someone crazy enough to go with me when I get back to it.

Have fun and best of good luck to you both!..................63bkpkr

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey if you dredge in colorado, I'd love to go out a time or two with you. Work hard for free for the experience.
And I'd prospect with ya too 63, come on drive up anytime. :D
best,

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Prospector70,
One of these days I will pull my head away from the work grindstone and I will be in Need of some outdoors activities!................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions