A short video from Waddell cr.......

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a fun day n' the sun to me. I would lower that highbanker to as close to the water as you can get as then you'll be able to run engine slower,save gas and much less turbidity for others to snivel about-John

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Looks like a fun day n' the sun to me. I would lower that highbanker to as close to the water as you can get as then you'll be able to run engine slower,save gas and much less turbidity for others to snivel about-John

John

I run the box that high to keep from having to clear tailings every 10 minutes. The water running under the box is only 2" deep so the tailings pile right up into the box. That Honda will run 5 hours on a tank pushing that little pump. Thak you for the advice I will keep it in mind if I ever run it in deeper water that will clear tailings.

Thank you so much Mike nice little video. Oh and thank you for keeping landmarks out of it I would hate to see a gold rush to my secret location hehe.

Heavy Pans to all

KAI

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a hard day on the old back
Commit to getting soaked and your back will thank you
I frequent a few creeks with shallow water too and I find once I get a nice hole dredged I'll go ahead and lay down in it or have a sit on a rock underwater so I'm dredging at waist level
Omg so much easier to stand at the end of the day
Beautiful spot by the way

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Waddell Creek, out of the Big Basin Redwoods area in the Santa Cruz Mountains. I know that area, didn't know there was gold there, but sure could be. Knew the manager of the quarry on the west face of Bonny Doon Mountain years ago, and he said they get quite a bit of gold from the operation.

Used to know some of the renegade hippies out on Last Chance Road, out of Swanton. They were all alternative housing folks, anti-govie growers of magical herbs, artists, potters. Don Harris, who reinvented the Pelton Wheel lived out there and manufactured them at his secret off grid complex.

Those giant Redwood Groves are spooky! At any moment, you expect Sasquatch to pop out from behind a tree and eat ya!

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No hippies on this creek....more or less. This is on the Washington state Waddell cr.

There's no surfing near this creek nor bikini beach babes either.......damn it :o

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Looks like a hard day on the old back
Commit to getting soaked and your back will thank you
I frequent a few creeks with shallow water too and I find once I get a nice hole dredged I'll go ahead and lay down in it or have a sit on a rock underwater so I'm dredging at waist level
Omg so much easier to stand at the end of the day
Beautiful spot by the way

I just picked up a 3 mil shorty wet suit for $10 at the local thrift store so I will be more prepared for getting wet. Thanks for the advice.

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great job on the vid and keeping out the landmarks I agree. Loved the song, you'd dig our camp my partner has his radio blastin blues non stop from an mp3. You can listen 3 days straight and never hear the same song twice. lol. He splits camp every yr for the blues fest in Portland over the 4th. I liked the pump, is that a p90 on a honda? I like that it had more than enough to run that larger highbanker and still looked packable. Quite nice indeed.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Great job on the vid and keeping out the landmarks I agree. Loved the song, you'd dig our camp my partner has his radio blastin blues non stop from an mp3. You can listen 3 days straight and never hear the same song twice. lol. He splits camp every yr for the blues fest in Portland over the 4th. I liked the pump, is that a p90 on a honda? I like that it had more than enough to run that larger highbanker and still looked packable. Quite nice indeed.

Sticks

I have tried to find out what size the pump is I called keene and with out any numbers on it they couldn't tell me gpm on it. It's 90- 150gpm they made 1 1/4 outlet in three different sizes its the biggest one I've seen. This season I played with changing the pump pulley to maximize the pump, I spin it at about 5500rpms that almost doubled suction at the nozzle. It took some trial and error but finally got the right pulley combination. I was spinning it faster but wasn't gaining any suction, so you can over spin the pump.

The motor is a 6.5hp Honda off of a pressure washer. I had my small engine guy port, polish and gasket match it from carb to exhaust it will run for 5 hrs on 1 tank. 1 gallon is all day running and I can always add air on the second pulley on the motor. I am also working on a hot water heater exhaust system.

I have never understood why dredgers dont customize their motors. Its very easy to gain HP without adding weight. For instance a 6.5 hp Honda can produce 14 hp and be very reliable with a few modifications. Go-cart guys have been doing it for years. Yes it will drink more fuel but not near what a 14 hp motor consumes.

AimSmMissSm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread