Taking a country wide trip need help

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
M looking at buying an rv and taking a trip around the country dredging. I have a 4 inch dredge and I was looking at purchasing another and a hydro force nozzle. Anyway, I'm looking for a list of each states dredging/high banking/prospecting laws regulations and permit fees. I'm in pennsylvania and I plan on going south through Georgia then Alabama. Traveling west until I hit California north to Oregon and from there I want to hit idaho then Nevada. Las Vegas was going to be my last stop before heading back east with the possibility of dredging some more on the way back. Any help would be much appreciated.

If it's too much to ask, what are the best areas of the states along that path? I need to officially plan my path on the map. I hope I see some of you along the way.

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get to Alabama you will want to check out the Lineville, Alexander City and Dadeville area's. These towns are in Clay and Tallapoosa counties the main gold area's in Alabama.
Let me know when you get here, maybe we can do a little digging togethor.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget North Carolina on your way to Georgia :icon_thumleft:
Also after Nevada you may want to take a route on the way back so you can hit Colorado.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks guys. I'm keeping all this in mind

So far the states I was planning to go were Virginia, north and South Carolina, Tennessee Georgia alabMa Missouri Texas Arizona New Mexico California (not dredging there of course) Washington Oregon Idaho Nevada Colorado Montana South Dakota maybe michigan and Ohio.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might as well hit my state of Indiana while you're at it. :icon_thumleft:
The gold is small but not too hard to find.

GG~

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
GG what are the laws for Indiana? I'll most certainly hit it up. Where is good in your state?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Chuck Lassiter lists the rules for Indiana on his site (hope posting this isn't inappropriate!) (Removed by mod/not supporting vendor)

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck Lassiter lists the rules for Indiana on his site (hope posting this isn't inappropriate!) (Removed by mod/not supporting vendor)
Sorry, site loaded with items for sale, not a supporting vendor. You can post the rules Indiana if you wish..

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG what are the laws for Indiana? I'll most certainly hit it up. Where is good in your state?

Click on the link below for Indiana prospecting and dredging rules.........
http://www.in.gov/dnr/water/files/wa-Gold_Prospecting_Rules_brochure.pdf

Just about any creek or river in Brown, Morgan, Monroe, Bartholomew, and Jennings counties as well as counties north of them contain glacial gold. Some favorites are Lambs Creek, Gold Creek, Sand Creek, Sugar Creek, Salt Creek.

MONROE COUNTY INDIANA
Gold Creek
Indian Creek
Sycamore Creek

MORGAN COUNTY, INDIANA
Gold Creek, along Gold Creek in the gravel bars gold, diamonds, zircons, sapphires and rubies have been found.
Greenhorn Creek
Highland Creek
Sycamore Creek

GG~

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I refused to resurect the Tom Ashworth Prospectors Casche as that's what is was when a real forum. Not enough $$$ on the planet to run/moderate anymore websites. Turned'm down flat and let it die and fade away...John

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry TH and thankyou GG!
No apology needed, just explaining why link was removed, your more than welcome to copy and paste rules here...

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If your headed to Ohio check out Clermont county or Brown county
Not much rules here in Ohio thank god. 4 inch and smaller have a ball

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Mikes site was sold to another ( I forgot his name?? Wyatt ??) Hosers friend! Im not sure what Mike is doing now-a-days!

Its a shame that site went away, I always enjoyed that board.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions