troops chasing out poor goldminers

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
Peru fights gold fever with fire and military force

As many as 40,000 illegal miners — mostly poor, Quechua-speaking laborers from Peru's Andean highlands — have invaded some of the most pristine and biologically rich sections of ancient forest in the Amazon basin. In just a few years, they have laid waste to more than 120,000 acres, leaving behind Amazonian deserts of pestilent orange craters that bleed into the rivers when it rains.

Continue reading: Peru fights gold fever with fire and military force ? The Tico Times

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopping a bunch of people from destroying an area and making a huge mess.....for generations to come is not tyranny?????? Another reason that first world nations should be the true leaders in the mining industries and create viable economic jobs for the people who need them. The tyranny is in the governments and leaders making people feel like they have no other choice.Outsourcing to poorer countries and looking the other way for the big boys who mine in these countries compounds the issue.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same thing here... Eh? Lots of good property ands jobs lost so the gpaa and such like them can recreationally mine in extreme ways for little non profitable gold.. Lots of needless exploitation of land here so people can "GET THE EXPERIENCE". No more actual Trades in America no more lifestyles just greed profit. How much money does one person/corporation need? I suppose we live in a world that if you don't pursue and make money and more money and more money you just ain't worth a crap!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to Bolivia, South America (95) first trip prospectin, second trip brought in my suction dredge mining equipment. Went into the Jungle, hired locals, when I came out learned the area had turned into a national preserve. Locals are pissed at Environmentals
These are small villages, self reliant Farming logging Mining hunting on a bartering system, these people that live in the jungle take seven days to hike out to get to a sat phone, another two days driving to La Paz( cap) just trying to oust the village people into the cities, one portion of La Paz looks like Tijuana, another like Beverly hills.
Side note i was there for almost 9 1/2 months, my first arrival a friend I met in La Paz showed me two hectares recently clear cut and for sale (little creek ran through with flour gold), then I went on my adventure.
When I came out, I again took a look at this place with strong considerations living here, this was on the Rio Beni not far from Brazil those two Hectares was overgrown and the jungle was closing in, was amasing how rapid the growth was

OP
OP
B

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
goldwasher i just can't agree with the way you see this, making a mess is only for a short time. what is being destoyed ? the jungle will heal itself very fast. they are not using cyanide .

bill/cr[

QUOTE=Goldwasher;4147489]Stopping a bunch of people from destroying an area and making a huge mess.....for generations to come is not tyranny?????? Another reason that first world nations should be the true leaders in the mining industries and create viable economic jobs for the people who need them. The tyranny is in the governments and leaders making people feel like they have no other choice.Outsourcing to poorer countries and looking the other way for the big boys who mine in these countries compounds the issue.[/QUOTE]

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear that Mercury and Mercury poisoning is a big problem there, no oversight or any care given just living for the day and extracting fast as they can before they get caught, I can certainly feel for the natives, nothing is ever fair to everyone.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bud is in Machu Pichou(SP) at this moment. Been exploring Peru for mining possibilities and he said it sucks ??? current government and miners did not like newbies infringing in their country. He speaks the language,and 4 others, fluently and plays dumb so they speak freely. Saved him from a robbery throat slicing a week ago-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marshall the GPAA is not rich by any streetch their main profit came from t.v. and the family has sold to family.....furthermore you are no better than anyone and don't deserve to do something and cut someone else out....actually the more people interested in prospecting the more likely it is to be allowed and protected for others. Your very jaded by your trade and state so often. Yet you take no leadership role. You want what you want with no interference. You feel like you would have more opportunity if it wasn't for theses clubs that existed before you were born...it has never made since to me.Factually if you followed the paths in place ia the mining laws you would be just fine. You are an excellent prospedtor...I'm sure an outfit would love to employ you because of your abilities. Yet, as you have stated you do not want a boss so be it. Furthermore you do better than 97% of small scale solo prospectors and there is enough open ground for you to do well for years to come. What you do with that opportunity is on your shoulders and you are in no way under the thumb or heel of any club no one is holding you back sorry you are hung up on that perception.I AM NO TREE HUGGING UBERENVIRONUT....facts however are necessary.......jungles all over have been damaged by under the radar/illegal industry in countries with little oversite and ran by officials with double standards....deny if you want but if you do your head is in the sand.....very very barren pointless sand to have your head in...Illegal is illegal...if a country has laws and a large group in plight wants to skirt those laws based on their needs does that make it right?.....if so are you prepared to open your homes to one of these poor souls who has traveled thousands of miles to cross a border illegally for a better life?....or is that too close to home....."Higraders be damned...shoot the scum that's my claim" " I have property Rights"......" WE have laws".......seems a little hypocritical to me.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thus it still exists. The Brothers are rich and the current GPAA is not the same and is not rich.... and is in no way the problem with the prospecting/mining community...... any miner or group of them. Any where in the world. Who is unethical and illegal, smears the reputation of the ethical lawful miners world wide.So, when I see something like this I don't like it.and we shouldn't stick up for it. its bred by corruption in the first place and the focus is put on the illegals miners plight vs. the root cause?????? COMRENDE NO BUENO?????????

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
there is no welfare, goverment aid of any sort in these countrys, they must provide for the family, unlike here in Nannyfornia where 47% collect some form of tax payer aid ( housing, medical, food stamps, section 8 )
the Lois Lerner types are alive and doing well here in crazyfornia

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Over the next nine weeks, the fire would burn through about 400-square miles, an area more than twice the size of Lake Tahoe, including part of Yosemite National Park.
1 Square Mile = 640 Acres
so we have to thank the special interest groups for protecting our natural prestine forest for frogs, owls, salmander, bull trout, talk about Corruption
Read more: 1 year after Rim Fire, recovery has barely begun | Local News - KCRA Home < Here we have the forest circus being blamed for the managment by channal 3 news when the finger should be pointed to the specail interest groups with thier Sue & settle tactics, criter habitat, and a mile high stack of paper work to fill out to get a permit , just to walk iin the park
then we have Suction dredging ban in Callousfornia, the individual miner/prospector scratching out a living and cleaning out the toxins at no cost to tax payer and then we have a hypocrite Sierra fund whom seek mega bucks from the government, that will disrupt the mythalmercury using the cutterhead suction dredge

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear that Mercury and Mercury poisoning is a big problem there, no oversight or any care given just living for the day and extracting fast as they can before they get caught, I can certainly feel for the natives, nothing is ever fair to everyone.

Thank goodness for US government oversight.

Like the kind they used in Hanford, Washington.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hanford, Washington
I will take a gander and guess, little mountain that could, popped like pimple 500 metric ton of vaporize mercury blasted into the air, now there is a mega law suit wanting to imprison mother nature

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher
my issue is this.. I am tired of "white lies" misleading for the sake of a buck.. I am tired being mislead in information due to lack of experience. The fact is that we all have a responsibility. What you see that responsibility as.... is up to you. But for me I see no reason to "make up truths" just to make money.. The fact is these clubs do not promote prospecting or mining responsibly!

Just so they can give it the man has nothing to do with gold content..No need for equipment..No need to waste the resources. Just no need.Nothing to be learned nothing to be gained!!No prospecting knowledge nothing dada zip!! The simple fact is their is many public lands that are for recreational use that one can find gold and by all means awesome have at it!!!! But just because you want to dredge or play MINER for the weekend doesn't nesesacarly give one the right to exploit land in ignorance just to find a little gold and hope they get lucky. The simple truth is if these clubs actually taught prospecting/mining people would realize how these clubs are so not needed.
But to each their own..
It is hard sharing the world with so many people>>HUH? maybe some compromise is in order? It no secret that our jobs are disappearing and so much more.. Maybe if some of these recreational mining claims and club claims were open they could create a wage for some actual prospector and their family. Maybe if the people using the equipment like dredges/backhoes ect ect could justify their actions with profit these legal issues wouldn't be so hard to fight...Maybe then Small scale mining /prospecting might stand a chance.. But as long as people are influenced by these clubs with their ignorant agenda the chances of Small scale mining/prospecting living on is slim to none. Given way to recreational mining and the only profit made will be buy the companies!! Anyway to each their own we live in a world of greed and wants. For me I choose to exploit knowledge not people or money!!! Take it how you wish.. My intentions are to help show people to find gold payable gold..Their use of the info is their own. How they use it is up to them. Oh well
TAKE WHAT YOU WANT THROW THE REST AWAY!!!! ITS FREAKING FREE!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread