Prospecting
I would go with light and portable, support those that support PLP1.org

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proline for a real piece of equipment-built industrial tough. It has a real dredge setup and no insipid grizzly bars that rob your gold,require a 2 man op and built better-John-John

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G1 by usprospector is who casluice copied and works better. Proline always a good choice

goldhog is appearing to be working

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the good advise, I appreciate it.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Proline built for more then a lifetime, hand it down to the grandkiddys

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
California Sluice vs. Gold Hog?
I don't believe they are in the same league...
Although I'm not a huge fan of Doc's "hammer your face" marketing he is a nice guy that knows his stuff. I can't blame him and he makes a fine product that does catch gold as advertised and the build quality is excellent.
On the flip side Cal sluice is prospecting on a budget and I firmly stand that it's an entry level unit.
Truth be told it's probably good enough for newbies and people that go out once every few months but the gold hog unit is made for processing lots of material.

At the end of the day as long as your doing something you love and catching some gold then run whatever ya can afford and enjoy life.

Last edited:

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
California Sluice vs. Gold Hog?
I don't believe they are in the same league...
Although I'm not a huge fan of Doc's "hammer your face" marketing he is a nice guy that knows his stuff. I can't blame him and he makes a fine product that does catch gold as advertised and the build quality is excellent.
On the flip side Cal sluice is prospecting on a budget and I firmly stand that it's an entry level unit.
Truth be told it's probably good enough for newbies and people that go out once every few months but the gold hog unit is made for processing lots of material.

At the end of the day as long as your doing something you love and catching some gold then run whatever ya can afford and enjoy life.

I have to say i like docs advertising

He goes for a professional mining audience
By not showing 1/2 gram nuggets in every pan(thank god)

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't want to bash Doc as he is very helpful and I want to make it clear again that I think his products are great.
I'm just not a fan of the promoting this mat or that mat in every post but it's just an opinion.
He is a valued member and sponsor so who am I to question his methods.
I can't say I blame him at all, as if I was an entrepreneur I would do the same.
Just a personal opinion from someone who doesn't matter but I'd enjoy his posts more without the advertising in every thread but then again I could just not read them right? Again he does make good sense and is also chocked full of great info and I do enjoy looking at his finds.
Not a huge deal just a small gripe but if I upset anyone I apologize.
In reality I'd love to hang out with Doc sometime and learn from his big brain

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some good points made and does help to make a decision on a product that you depend on to do the it's part in finding that yellow metal.
thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread