Looking for a dredging expedition...

Godric

Jun 3, 2013
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all anyone know of a place that you can go to for like a week rent a cabin or something and also equipment and just dredge all you want ? I wanted to use my vacation to really see how dredging is... any info would be great looking for something I can do solo not in teams please any info would be great thanks !

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you did not give a location for the trip, here is a couple that I know. There is Chicken Alaska, gold and gem grubbers in Cleveland Ga.

OP
OP
G

Godric

Jun 3, 2013
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ill look into those I dont mind the location anyone there is gold and I can stay for a week and see what I could accomplish with some sweat and hard work... so pretty much anywhere Ca,AK,Az,Co,Ga - anywhere !

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Alabama Gold Camp has cabins, RV park and tent camping. They rent proline Highbankers ( already set up under sheds ) and Keene 4" dredges.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
www.alabamagoldcamp.com does this and more. ive been there about 10(?) years ago and had a great time. I brought my own trailer and 4 inch dredge. they've built this place up since I was there and it looks good. check out their video of the camp. I assure you that youll have a good time.

OP
OP
G

Godric

Jun 3, 2013
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you thank you agc is lookin pretty good so far :occasion14:

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you decide to come down here we will have to meet up. You don't have to worry about equipment rental, between my brother and I we have it all. But you will have to bring your own beer !

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd be afraid of the areas being worked sooooo many times before
What you need is a honest guy willing to lease his land for a week that hasn't been developed for " prospecting vacations "
I personally would be more excited finding some virgin creek in a known good gold area

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually we do have three other properties ( been in the same families for over a hundred years and never prospected ) that we will be prospecting starting next spring. Went out to walk the creeks early this summer but it was way overgrown and the Copperheads and Timber rattlers were more than plentiful. This winter ( when the Copperheads and Timber rattlers will not be around to complain) I will be taking the Kubota out there and rearranging their habitat to encourage them to move on to the other side of the properties.

The Alabama Gold Camp is very convenient (just a little more than 1/2 hour away) for testing and learning the setup on new equipment. My brother and I had gotten out of prospecting for over 20 years so It's been a great place to learn, relearn and play with new toys!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
you have something that a lot of people would really love to have! your own propertys to prospect and dredge! I was at AGC years back and really liked it but to have your own right in your backyard would be a dream come true!

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have something that a lot of people would really love to have! your own propertys to prospect and dredge! I was at AGC years back and really liked it but to have your own right in your backyard would be a dream come true!

Once we get everything set up on the new properties you should come visit.

kilnmaint

Apr 3, 2009
Homewood, Al
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a three inch combo if you want to dig with the tractor and highbank this winter!!

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually we do have three other properties ( been in the same families for over a hundred years and never prospected ) that we will be prospecting starting next spring. Went out to walk the creeks early this summer but it was way overgrown and the Copperheads and Timber rattlers were more than plentiful. This winter ( when the Copperheads and Timber rattlers will not be around to complain) I will be taking the Kubota out there and rearranging their habitat to encourage them to move on to the other side of the properties.

The Alabama Gold Camp is very convenient (just a little more than 1/2 hour away) for testing and learning the setup on new equipment. My brother and I had gotten out of prospecting for over 20 years so It's been a great place to learn, relearn and play with new toys!

why is it that venomous snakes have an affinity for gold?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions