2" Keene Dredge - SET UP my GOLD HOG (or ohter) mat system for me!

OP
OP
W

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching the videos, this is the right thing to try next, the GH mats like it fast and fairly deep - this is what I need

THX for the help all, report coming up in a week or so! Cheers,
Craig

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching the videos, this is the right thing to try next, the GH mats like it fast and fairly deep - this is what I need

THX for the help all, report coming up in a week or so! Cheers,
Craig

Take some pics / video! <3
Good luck!

OP
OP
W

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on! They will be delivered Monday, ought to head out Wed/Thurs for about 5 hrs of dredging. I'll do a video, pictures of before/running/pre-cleanup.
Modifying the box to get some adjustable sluice slope - involves raising the engine so the plenum can rise as well with the box (which is attached)
Won't be hard at all.

OP
OP
W

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on Friday - it was 25 degrees, the GH mats worked very well. A little hard to bend for the cleanout - at 25 degrees - but not bad!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats WG! Heavy Pans

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Craig,

Not sure how the GH matts worked for you after your test. I wonder if your tailings are as telling as you think if you are dropping them into the current, I'm not disagreeing just wondering?
I have the same dredge as you do and I traded my carpet out for miners moss over a flat bottom rib called "Nomark" other than that I didn't change a thing. I run mine pretty fast also, but once it gets wet it sits really flat in the water.
Anyway that's my setup, I get a lot of -50 recovery, which is a good thing since that's most of what I get, lol.

All the best,
John

OP
OP
W

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just cleaned up after a Friday trip - man these things are THE ticket. Extremely easy to clean up, caught 2 larger pickers (rare) and about 10 fines. Good for the area!

I used Gorilla tape to hook them together; leaves the option to rearrange the mats (probably no need to) as well as this makes it a lot less permanent of a solution. You can beat these mats and they look like NEW after use; about 7 hours on them now. Amazing.
ALso, because of the exchange of material I get the strong sense they don't need a cleanout as often (not that the prior ones did). Easier to see what kind of material it is hanging on to that carpet/riffles - good for in-box analysis during operations!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pics / Video? :)
Excited to see the pickers.

OP
OP
W

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8-) 20141214_192302_resized.jpg

OP
OP
W

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOing dredging tomorrow again, wil report back - trying a different method and different area with different technique - was working edge, now will be IN the river

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How did your clean up go?

OP
OP
W

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decent - medium amt of gold, but not much for the effort working deep. Gold is where ya find it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread