How long of a box do I need, realistically.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After looking at this mini highbanker It has about the same capacity of the Gold Cube for close to the same price. Go with the Cube if you want to go this route. I say this because from what I can see from the Colorado Gold Banker, it;s really basic as far as design so no big deal... The guy selling it wants to get as much of his money back as he can but personally I would think it's worth maybe $75 because I can get a new South Yuba SYuba exclusive products for about the same price.
Colorado Gold Buzzard Mini Highbanker 12 Volt Operation

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I build from scratch, how deep should my sluice box be?

My advice is 3-1/2" bare minimum to 5" maximum. I like to go with 5" on a highbanker sluice in case you ever wanted to go with 1" riffles and run it more aggressively with a deeper flow. Keene goes with 4-1/2" which should be plenty deep for most highbanker applications.

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread