Gould Bazooka Dredge

kevinsc4

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am seriously considering buying a 4 inch gould bazooka dredge and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it? The main reason I want it is that it is portable with the ability to process as much as a 4 inch dredge can. I read a few postings on a few websites but you can never get enough opinions. There is not a whole lot of online reviews on it. I think some of the reason people don't use it is because they are expensive and hard to order. They cost close to 1,000 plus close to 200 for shipping. I would have to purchase the engine/pump separately. They are hard to order because they guy who builds them does not accept any credit cards, only money order or cashiers checks. He seems like a nice guy though. I would like to get as many opinions as possible before I spend that kind of money on a somewhat experimental/new type dredge. Also, I am also looking for used 4 inch keeene or proline dredge if the price is right, if anyone has one they want to sell. Thanks to all who reply.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Regi Goulds products don't get much posting info on them for some reason! he has his site with (it seems) the info he wants to show. Im NOT saying anything good/bad about his products , so please don't misinterpret what ive said.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've known Reggie for 20 years or so. We were part of the good ol'boy club who all sat together bs'n at Pioneer Mining back in the day. I've seen and used that old system years ago but stuck with a Proline 4" dredge because of its versatility. Frank sold Reggie's dredges for a while but after they developed some quality issues back in the day he quit selling them and Reggie started selling on ebay and other places and his son has taken over the business now that Reggie is up there in years like we are all coming to. Copy and paste into google and you will find a lot of articles written over the years on it. It's not designed to retain nuggets so you have to pull them before they get sucked up. If you're in a fine gold area then it's a good set up but it is still a submersible dredge that does not compare to a surface dredges capabilities. If you need something light and portable then like everything else this not for you because you still have the motor and hoses to carry in along with everything else.

OP
OP
K

kevinsc4

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. The new model bazooka has a nugget trap on the end, I'm not sure if it actually works though. I have never used a dredge before and I am considering all my options. I was looking for something more portable than a big 4 inch dredge since I drive a 2 door honda accord. I don't think I can fit big 4 inch pontoons in the car unless I pull a small trailer behind it. I might be able to fit it in if I remove the front seat, but then again I don't know. I am not sure how compact dredges can get when disassembled. I don't mind the weight aspect of it

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm in a bunch of visible gold I get the sucker bottle and tweezers. The only gold that goes into the dredge is the gold that I do not see first. Any nugget that I see is picked up by hand because I learned way back in the 70's that some really nice looking nuggets, if sucked up the hose, can roll right back off of any dredge.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. The new model bazooka has a nugget trap on the end, I'm not sure if it actually works though. I have never used a dredge before and I am considering all my options. I was looking for something more portable than a big 4 inch dredge since I drive a 2 door honda accord. I don't think I can fit big 4 inch pontoons in the car unless I pull a small trailer behind it. I might be able to fit it in if I remove the front seat, but then again I don't know. I am not sure how compact dredges can get when disassembled. I don't mind the weight aspect of it

The Dahlke Micro 4B will fit in through the trunk with the back seats down. I used to carry mine in my civic sometimes.

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
second the Dahlke for light weight and small creeks and small rivers. Not really the best choice for fast water.

Vagadero

Dec 3, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Reggie is out of business:
14klkqc.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread