S

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. the side rails are slides that the rear sluice support rides on, also changes the angle of the sluice as it slides out.

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SH looking good I hope I can get back at mine. New job out a week at a time not much home time.

Sent through My cell phone in the big truck some where in the mid west.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I like the way you are able to move the sluice and engine to get the right balance. I did the same on my 4 in. so that if I wanted to use my suction nozzle or just my suction tip , I could get it in balance also. what color are you going to paint those................................................................mauve pontoons? I refuse to call them pink! :)

OP
OP
S

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to paint them with gray epoxy garage floor paint. The Home Depot here put a discontinued brand on sale for 25.00, so it's gonna be gray with sprinkles.

And they're salmon !

OP
OP
S

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two more days and I finally get some time off and vacation begins. Unfortunately the dredge is not finished. I had planned on taking it for a week on one of the local creeks next week, but with all the hours I've been putting in at work the last month, I just couldn't get it finished, which is no big deal because of all the rain we've been getting for the last two months the creeks are all way to high to fool with.
So I'll take the High banker with me next week and spend my second week off finishing the dredge up and have it ready for next months trip. Hopefully the creeks will all be back down to normal levels next month.
I'll be posting completion pics in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
S

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here's what is happening .... Last week my 2 week vacation began, we were going to go camping or the first week and be home the second week so I could do some work around the house ( finish the dredge ).
My wife informed me yesterday that we were going to stay out here until thursday , the day before my vacation ends. I told her that I had all kinds of yard work to do and change the oil in her car, take out the garbage and a long list of other things that I needed to do for her at the house .
We will be here until thursday.

OP
OP
S

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've a little under the weather the last 2 months so I haven't been able to get out and work on the dredge...The Doc's seem to have gotten me straightened out so I'll be getting busy in the shop again soon....All I lack is finishing !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions