anyone use a angus mackirk klondike dredge or a Le Trap style sluice dredging?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking for feedback on this type of sluice dredge set up plus what type of pumps and engines? how much loss I know the stream sluice really catches the fine stuff.............opinions please. come april going whole hog one float dredge and a land dredge

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Letrap don't really work that way, strange as it might sound. Dono about the AM dredges haven't seen one yet. I could imagine it looking something a Dahlke though.

Not to change subject but I'd like to know about the 456 series.

image003.jpg

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well right now I'm leaning towards a 2.5" keene float dredge I just don't like carpet and riffles trying to find someone that has gold hog matts in the dredge and recomondation's between the two?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well right now I'm leaning towards a 2.5" keene float dredge I just don't like carpet and riffles trying to find someone that has gold hog matts in the dredge and recomondation's between the two?

I use vortex matting instead of carpet in my Keene and I love it! A quick pull and rinse and ready to go again! Catches the fines and usually find more oro than others dredging along side me. Do need to clean up a little more often due to the extra black sand it catches, but worth it!
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello there enamel7 so is it just vortex? are your using riffles too tell us your set up?

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking for someone that has used the A/M chameleon I'm really leaning towards one of these would like some input and what tricks there is to set it up I was looking at the keene at first but I like this set up anyones experience would be great the gold I have in my area is placier gold

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello there enamel7 so is it just vortex? are your using riffles too tell us your set up?

I'm using riffles and vortex. Some might say use miners moss, but I always find more than the others. I'm that guy in my club that everyone wants to team up with on outings! Lol!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread