Mar 22, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
VLF
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Followup to russau comment.

Go over to Yahoo Groups and look for Goldminers group
Go under Files tab and look for a folder called Suitcase dredge plans etc.
Look for a PDF file called Suitcase_Dredge.pdf

It's a compendium of information that I made up a while ago, of all of Trev's Suitcase dredge posts from Goldminers, in one file.
I'd post the PDF here, but not sure what the rules are on that(?)

Hope that helps.

Beav

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad, looks like the naysayers scared him off... I started reading about splitting the positive connections, his dredge looks great, just put a short hose on the back for a tailings stacker and take off, he really wasn't given a fair chance to share his knowledge. It looks a lot like Trev's but really up with the times. Hopefully he just kicks the naysayers to the curb and continues.
https://emediapress.com/2017/08/31/poor-mans-split-the-positive-battery-swapper-by-rs-stafford/

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I powered my 4" sub-dredge with a 3.5hp briggs with a P100, moved sand pretty good, put on small dock bumpers
when I ran it, the water flowing through it would have a dynamic effect with an action that you could feel,
It would sink down & settle into place behind me as I worked then rise up when the engine shut off.
DSC01062.JPG . DSC01063.JPG

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I powered my 4" sub-dredge with a 3.5hp briggs with a P100, moved sand pretty good, put on small dock bumpers
when I ran it, the water flowing through it would have a dynamic effect with an action that you could feel,
It would sink down & settle into place behind me as I worked then rise up when the engine shut off.
View attachment 1521446 . View attachment 1521447

I have that same basic set up sitting here but the P100 was just a bit shy of water on mine. It worked but it could have had just a touch more power. I floated it under my Proline 2-1/2" dredge floats & frame. And I cut the front of the subbie back far enough for the 4" suction hose to slide inside, then I clamped it in and ran the box tilted forward just a touch against the current, because being under water, it was smooth flowing. I had started building an 8" suitcase in 2008, but that went out the door with the 2009 Swartzenegger Screw and it's sitting here still under the house also.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer dredge floats also with adjustable arms to hold and adjust for correct pitch in various currents and eliminate side to side motion that empties riffles.. The suction nozzle style has superior recovery as then the hose helps settle the gold to the bottom of the flow for better recovery instead of the pj remix at the box-RIP dredging---welll Ochoa STILL hasn't issued his final ruling so.......John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I had a extra T-80 and a set of floats .So I built a alum frame and mounted this T-80 with a 3.5 H.P. engine to tow behind my 2 inch Keene dredge BUT I've been unable to get out because of my Knees.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem I see with an electric subby is not having air.

Dude, why think ahead like that .......sheesh:laughing7:

Who wants to run one rigid, proven, portable tested useful piece of gear.

When you could bring a generator, lots of extra batteries, solar panels, more batteries because they don't last long and a shovel to actually move material with. When you run out of juice and cuss words.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer dredge floats also with adjustable arms to hold and adjust for correct pitch in various currents and eliminate side to side motion that empties riffles.. The suction nozzle style has superior recovery as then the hose helps settle the gold to the bottom of the flow for better recovery instead of the pj remix at the box-RIP dredging---welll Ochoa STILL hasn't issued his final ruling so.......John

There are tanks? Or lots of other choices
HydroAir: Keene Engineering Online

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the main problem with bilge pumps is the impeller its designed for volume
and any reductions the water will just spin, in a standard log the jet/ orifice is like 1/2 to 3/4 inch
it requires 35-45 psi at least, maybe the motor could be mated to a spa pump or
you could redesign the impeller and housing using a 3D printer?
"bilge pump" 3D Models to Print - yeggi

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1651315 ** Change the Impeller to one like in a spa pump
04e750c2ac7f5d576394d56d97b4c45d_preview_featured.jpg . 91693701.1.jpg

Last edited:

Subdredger

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2 ,Makro gold racer,custom built Pi,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing could be further from the truth.

This can be used 70 degrees either side of vertical.

No restriction on vertical up,down,baz traps are not sluice boxes.

No issues with anything going into intake:laughing7:??

SO, WRONG AGAIN.

Subdredger

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty proud of your plastic nozzles. Any video of it moving massive amounts of gravel?

carbon...really carbon.

Fact regardless of what Tesla said. The six inch version of that is not as useful, does not have the depth capability or power to move as much gravel as the gas powered six inch version.

PERIOD!!

Pride and calling me names does not change physics.

Even if testing it in a bathtub made you think so.

DUDE,WRONG AGAIN,

Depth is where i smoke you.there is no limit to depth with this as long as YOU can get down AS FAR AS YOUR DREDGE.

What happens when you run out of hose length,because your so deep,I know you will be looking at me sucking your gold,I will fire the tailings up to you if you like and you can process that,Be no gold in it though.

Subdredger

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the main problem with bilge pumps is the impeller its designed for volume
and any reductions the water will just spin, in a standard log the jet/ orifice is like 1/2 to 3/4 inch
it requires 35-45 psi at least, maybe the motor could be mated to a spa pump or
you could redesign the impeller and housing using a 3D printer?
"bilge pump" 3D Models to Print - yeggi

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1651315 ** Change the Impeller to one like in a spa pump
View attachment 1522077 . View attachment 1522078

This is not the impeller in the pumps i use,the impeller ha s no issues,

I've only given you the info on 12v and 24v and gpm etc but i can assure you 24v is not the limit.

I put a lot more than 24v in when i'm removing overburden to get down to pay.

I could post the math,but whats the point.

Subdredger

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad, looks like the naysayers scared him off... I started reading about splitting the positive connections, his dredge looks great, just put a short hose on the back for a tailings stacker and take off, he really wasn't given a fair chance to share his knowledge. It looks a lot like Trev's but really up with the times. Hopefully he just kicks the naysayers to the curb and continues.
https://emediapress.com/2017/08/31/poor-mans-split-the-positive-battery-swapper-by-rs-stafford/

Good on ya reed.

I will given you detailed instructions on this circuit.
I have a lot easier way of doing it.
If you can master this circuit,you can run your house off it.
No more carrying heavy batteries ,just split that ***** positive.

I put these dredges out there for people with not a lot of $$$ in their pocket, more so for people in other countries than yours.

If you have 200-300 us dollars,its done.

If these can make a difference in low economic countries,to someone who is trying to support their families,off gold.(They will)
'
The weight,processing,ease of use ,and if you can master the splitting positive your made,life's easy.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on ya reed.

I will given you detailed instructions on this circuit.
I have a lot easier way of doing it.
If you can master this circuit,you can run your house off it.
No more carrying heavy batteries ,just split that ***** positive.

I put these dredges out there for people with not a lot of $$$ in their pocket, more so for people in other countries than yours.

If you have 200-300 us dollars,its done.

If these can make a difference in low economic countries,to someone who is trying to support their families,off gold.(They will)
'
The weight,processing,ease of use ,and if you can master the splitting positive your made,life's easy.

You just can't beat the portability of a submersible. Take it in, in one trip, sample the area, plot it and your done. Then if the area proves itself, bring in the 8" big guns and take it out bank to bank. Your dredge does look revolutionary Subdredger, well thought out and perfect for a lot of situations. We've had to run tanks because we were too deep for hooka more than once and with a surface dredge that takes extra motors, time, etc. but because basically nobody dredges in deep fast water, the gold is good. I can think of a few places that this would be perfect right now up in Idaho. Throw on the tanks and dive deep because as far as depth goes, this subbie has no limitations!

Beav

Mar 22, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
VLF
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Subdredger,

I for one would be very interested in your detailed instructions on the circuit and your "much easier way of doing it", as you have offered. Can't wait to see it!!!
Seems revolutionary to me!
Beav

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and they aren't "out processing" everything.

I don't care how deep it goes if your tailings out of a six inch are only going feet away.

its not gonna help you strip or sample down layers. Maybe if your on perfect bedrock with pockets of gravel.

To "process" a real gravel deposit in a low pressure eddy with real world gravels that need to not be in the hole.

Not so much.

The one thing I take issue with is the "out processing" comment. Because it just isn't true.

Also. Energy is lost when you have a light or motor or whatever will draw amperage. Split positive maintains and recycles some energy though it will need replaced at some point.

Calling someone an idiot because they disagree with you is lame.

There are numerous forums with gobs of diagrams and experiments showing the poormans free energy loop...they all mess with light bulbs and maybe a trolling motor.

The notion that engineers the world over haven't perfected it and it will be a guy sucking gravel in a river who opens the world up to free energy because everyone else is an idiot or non believer...

Cool party:occasion18:

I've been here a lot longer than you. I'm allowed my input and opinion. Don't call me names again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread