Im back with a 6" Build

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
You should put in a winch for adjusting the sluice box and maybe a homemade jet that could be in tune with your GPM coming from your pump. I had a poor suction with a single engine setup because it produce less water. I had two choices create more pressure closing the openings in my jet or going with a two engine setup. I haven't tried it but im sure it's going to be perfect when I put these two 8hp engines on it.

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
I do have a worm gear winch I was going to use for adjusting the slice angle but decided to hang the slice by chain at the end of the frame. I'll be able to adjust the sluice in about 1/2" increments. The front of the sluice/flare sits on an adjustable crossmember that slides along either side of the frame to adjust weight distribution.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
The winch lets you adjust when the dredge is running .. Is a big plus for me. But it sounds great . Glad to see everything going straight forward for you and your build.

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Thanks man. I was hoping to be down to the claim by now, dredging season starts today on it. Unfortunately waiting for some more funds to hit my bank account on the 20th before I head down there. I also ordered some gauges for my 95 7.3 powerstroke that I just got on the 5th only to find that they were out of stock and they havnt shipped them yet, nor will they have any to shop until later this week.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I should be in the water too since it just rained and the river haves water over where I'm from in Dominican Republic.

I just haven't finished buying everything i need just because I want to be spending money on a raptor trying to send it out there too. Can't wait to dredge this river with this beast im planning on finish building.

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Quick little update, sluice box is about 95% done. Just need to finish up the classifying section and figure where my clamps have gone so I can mount them up.

Shop is a bit unorganized right now, too much dredge parts laying around.
https://youtu.be/oqqWOW8kv-s

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Riffle system is done! It's too damn got today so I'll find the clamps and mount them tomorrow morning.

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Must be into some big gold. That's a lot of riffle. No UC? How much for those 3 wheelers? They look new.

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Must be into some big gold. That's a lot of riffle. No UC? How much for those 3 wheelers? They look new.

Decided not to go with an undercurrent as I didn't particularly want to fab one up. I also don't have very much fine gold on my claim. Mostly chunky rough stuff. I've got some large expanded under the screen followed by 2 riffles at the last portion of the classifying screen. The screen is 24" long with about 2p" of large expanded over miners moss. The rest of the sluice will be carpet.

I believe I paid $800 for both the 3 wheelers back in Oregon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions