Senate hearing on California suction dredging.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think much lower-WHY WAS THIS KEPT QT HUSH----many more articulate miners could have presented but keeping this stuff hushed up kills the miners rights NOT helps-John

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow. hard to listen to the first part (sierra fund etc) Bs without throwing my laptop out of the balkony.Cheapest unbacked rhetorics,throwing in sentences like "inpacts for fish" ..to take advantage of natural temporary occurances by mentioning the drout..panicking about a miner walking around with a jar of collected mercury...WHERE was this mercury befor it got in to the jar?..and so on. Sad,for an uninformed person this might sound like dredging is a killer.
Mr Poe was making good points but he is a miner after a 9 hour drive.Hard to counter so much bs spontaneously.

OP
OP
AlienAmerican

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well said. Does he have any research assistants? Might help to have a team, all the libtards gang up like that.

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did very well but ouf course it would be nice to find a very talented speaker, uniting knowledge and eloquence,(which he showed )but mostly knowing all the facts around by heart and able to remind all the bs statements that where made from the totalitarians ,culminating in a orgiastic point after point demontage of theire halfbaked insinuations. Maybe i watched too much lawyer series.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably the problem is he was the only one that did step up.
There were 40 miners there and 4 ANTI!!!! the next hearing id the 29th!!!!!Try to go!!! TRY TO GET OTHERS TO GO !!!!!!!

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Well said. Does he have any research assistants? Might help to have a team, all the libtards gang up like that.

AlienAmerican, having a team (hit squad) of professionals with the legal, scientific and lobbying background to respond to any proposed legislation and support the interests of miners and other users of the public lands is a really good idea. If the enviros can be beat in the state capitol at the starting point of proposed legislation, our interests and rights would be well served. It would avoid endless costly legal court battles after the fact. All of us support in some way, the ongoing litigation such as the Rhinehart case to win back and retain our right to mine. If we could fund a team like this to squash anti-mining or anti-public land use legislation before it becomes a rule or law, future cases like Brandon's would never get to court.

I'm grateful to Shannon Poe and the group of miners that put in the time, expense and effort to represent our interests and rights by attending the hearing! Many thanks and much respect to all of you that were there for us!

OP
OP
AlienAmerican

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, unless I have some great tragedy happen, I'm going to the next meeting... Anyone else down? Maybe I'll wear a lab coat, I'll be the team scientist.

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Think much lower-WHY WAS THIS KEPT QT HUSH----many more articulate miners could have presented but keeping this stuff hushed up kills the miners rights NOT helps-John

I assumed it was like most other things of this nature where you have the few trying the screw over the many.

I find it interesting though not surprising that the 2 anti mining speakers, who I assume are somewhat familiar with public speaking, had such high levels of voice stress.

Where was the mercury before it was in the mayo jar? Indeed. If only more inquiring minds wanted to know.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40 out of 4,000+ last permit count + add in all the FOR PROFIT folks/clubs/pocket pickers/renegades at least 8,000 and viola less than 1/3 of 1% even give a tinkers &^mn-sic sic sic-John

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Hobby dredgers? That's a new one. Building a model plane is a hobby, or flying one. Go to a hobby store and let me know if you can find a dredge. New name for dredging should have the word "restoration" in there as that is what is actually being done.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could be out there folks for some support its a wonder citizens just don't go up in arms and just take California back thee enviro's well the hell do they come from? must be left over's from hippie generation or something the thinking is nuts

golddigger65

Feb 2, 2010
Northern Calif
Detector(s) used
Gold bug/Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I found out a few days ago the Russia gives the enviro-wackos $200 million a year to fight us honest tax payers. What the devil, that should be against the law. I'll find the article and post it.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey all,

I have a thread going over in the gold prospecting forum. I am just getting into suction dredging and sedimentation. There are some things you need to know that are and will be posted there.

Look for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My hats off to mr. Poe and all those that actually showup for these meetings and write letters. The only way to fight the abuse of our freedoms is to get involved and make your voice heard !!! I really dont understand anyone who would criticize someone who just drove 9 hours to a hearing and spoke to protect the rights of many! Where were those that are criticizing that day? Were you taking time out of your life to protect the rights of your fellow miner?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey all,

I have a thread going over in the gold prospecting forum. I am just getting into suction dredging and sedimentation. There are some things you need to know that are and will be posted there.

Look for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Sad part is this info has been known to them for years. Or how about this from a pure common sense viewpoint- Where is the largest Salmon runs and best fishing in the world- AK and BC right? No need for trick questions it's a unanimous given. Look at pictures of the region, what color are the rivers? Tea to chocolate milk, again no tricks just facts. Why are they chocolate milk colored? Because they are all glacial runoff. How come the fish are thriving so well up there in those silt ridden rivers that you can't see your hand in front of your face in?
None of this has anything to do with good science or bad science. It's a buisness deal plain and simple. It was a done deal before we knew what was happening. The only way to fix it now is fighting to reverse it through the legal system and it's gonna take big money and ton's of time. I've come to realize all this is like yelling at the tv, yep your probably right but unfortunately they can't hear you or know your even speaking. Sorry for the negativity but just got back from the claim last night and a beautiful weekend. Turned this thing on to "catch up", read this and a couple of other threads and went to bed pissed off and in total disgust.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread