Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just picked up a used Keene Backpack Dredge off Craigslist and wanted to modify it a little.
It came with the standard carpet and a piece of V Mat that was just lying in there all warped and loose.

I am am thinking of gluing down some new v mat and was wondering what is the best adhesive for this.
i was also thinking of going to miners moss. If I do, should I run v mat all the way down the sluice so the moss will ride over it or just keep the mat at the top part right up to the riffles?
thanks
Bryan V

(SilverPirate)

Greenie
Mar 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not an expert but id try gorilla tape on the edges like in the goldhog videos when there making the matting for the sluice , and figure a way to run it with out being permanently glued until u test it.

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glue the v mat to a piece of aluminum cut to fit the area so you can remove it to clean.
I you run miners do not put v mat under it, just be sure your riffles compress the moss tightly against the bottom of the sluice.
IMHO

Wes

OP
OP
B

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok thanks guys.
The riffles press the moss firmly to the box. In fact I can hardly clamp it down with the expanded metal in.
Im thinking about leaving the expanded out and just running the moss.
It is still very tight without it.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
depending on the size of gold your finding , Gold Hog mat works great on the fines and IF you suck up anything bigger , itll take care of it also! IT WORKS!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in a area with mostly fine gold (-100 to - 200) I switched to hog moss. I'm retaining at least 70% more fines over green carpet. There were hardly any fines with green carpet, with hog moss there's 20 - 40 pcs in every tsp of cons. It may seem like a tight squeeze with moss expanded metal and riffles, but the moss stays tight and doesn't puff up and mess up your flow at expanded metal. You can't go wrong with a gold hog product. I love my hog moss and hog pan!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions