Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Craigslist Score of the month! 5" x 100' Dredge Hose

We should really have a score of the Month section. :D

I just picked up 100' of Red 5" heavy duty dredge hose for $30 bux!
Its in 3 sections and comes with couplers to tie them all together.
Only about 10' has sun blackening but is still sturdy and in perfect working condition.

This stuff is VERY sturdy and feels like it might even be a little thicker than what is down at the Miners Cache.

I also got 50' of thinwall 4" hose along with it but I cant see it holding up for long under dredging but that one came with couplers too.

All in All I am a very happy dude. :)

....now I just need the 5" dredge....

dredge hose 5 inch.JPG

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, this is one of my better scores over the last year. :)
It was on CL for 16 days before I found it too.
He was only asking $30 dollars, I thought maybe it was a typo like he missed a zero, but nope.

It was used for Hydroseeding so the inside is 100% perfect.
I have a perfect spot to do some gravity dredging with this too until I can put together a 5" dredge.

I am really grateful for this steal of a deal and am going to bring him some gold to show my gratitude.
He also has a badass RX7 autocross car with a very healthy 302 in it, I am looking for another Mustang to Autocross so I know that I am going to meet him again when I finally get to go out and race.
If any of you have ever wondered about my avatar picture under my name, that is the cubic inches of a Ford 3.8L V6. I am a bit of a sixxer fanatic, I really enjoy making power with them and the balance of the car is closer to 50/50 with a six under the hood.

Last edited:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
well it seems you have the makings of one hell of a gravity dredge. ill tell my wife to hold the baby in for another week, lets go gravity dredging

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
if i would have seen it i would be the one posting this, good job man!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks. :)

I don't know a single prospector that would pass that deal up especially with dredging back.

When you need to borrow that 4" hose just send me a private message a few days in advance, I am usually on here at least once a day.

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, this is one of my better scores over the last year. :)
It was on CL for 16 days before I found it too.
He was only asking $30 dollars, I thought maybe it was a typo like he missed a zero, but nope.

It was used for Hydroseeding so the inside is 100% perfect.
I have a perfect spot to do some gravity dredging with this too until I can put together a 5" dredge.

I am really grateful for this steal of a deal and am going to bring him some gold to show my gratitude.
He also has a badass RX7 autocross car with a very healthy 302 in it, I am looking for another Mustang to Autocross so I know that I am going to meet him again when I finally get to go out and race.
If any of you have ever wondered about my avatar picture under my name, that is the cubic inches of a Ford 3.8L V6. I am a bit of a sixxer fanatic, I really enjoy making power with them and the balance of the car is closer to 50/50 with a six under the hood.

i thought the 50 feet of 4"hose i got for around 370 dollar was "THE DEAL" back then..well, congrats:occasion14:
Movie or pics of set up would be great Neo
_emilio

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I take it out to gravity dredge I will get some pics or a video.

That's exactly why I thought it was a typo, I expected $300 or $330 to be the real price and I still would have bought it.

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect !
My metalman is running into burnout syndrom with my built,after the floatframe i can,t expect more welding time from him till winter,also it gets expensive .I hope i be able to have some footage too this year.
Cheers

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Neo to bad we don't live closer to each other! id gladly swap the welding for 10 foot of that hose! and probly throw in a couple of cold ones to boot! before I completely throw in the towel because of my back and 'other" things , id like to build a 5 inch subbie of my own design. atleast I can still do that..........well atleast I can still try!:) ive been looking for some of that hose for sometime now but I didn't want to pay for new stuff because I just want to build it and try it out and then probly sell it.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Russ try calling the hydroseeding companies out there, see if any of them have some old hose for sale. I don't know if they all use dredge hose like this guy did but its worth a shot.
I could use a good welder too so I would have taken you up on that offer. :)

I pulled the 4" hose out today as I didn't inspect it when I bought the 5" and I had to remove about 15' of it today because it had split open.
That still leaves plenty enough left to work with though, and of course all of the 5" is perfect. :D

I modded my yellowjacket sluice today to use the 4" on. I drilled two holes in the front of the flare to tie the hose down to.
I am not sure if I am going to add a rubber mat to this as its just a quick and cheap way to start gravity dredging in a spot that I know of.

I am going to try the 5" too but I am going to try my friends much wider triple stage for that.
I am also going to get a real crashbox for it, not my jankie quick fix that I have going on for the 4". :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok, more of the 4" fell apart... I guess that's why he just gave it to me! lol

Me and my mining buddy modded his triple stage today and made the 3" crashbox a 5" crashbox. :)
His triple stage is pretty large, large enough for a 4" so I am hoping that it will do ok as a 5" gravity dredge.

I will post some pics tomorrow of it.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope, its the triple stage to aide in recovery. Its a sweet box. :)

I haven't ever been interested in the triple box setup, a lot of people didn't like them and some have even capsized with them because one side loaded up more than the others.

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is the first triple gravity dredge (officially documented atleast),never saw one before in the net.:headbang:

Wish ya yellow first stage neo :icon_thumright:

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this is the new score of the... thread section,i,l come up with my..lets say ;"score of the week"

The original nomad miners moss is widely use here where i,m at, as an entrance mat by local businesses.When i first asked a 3m agency for a 2 squarefeet piece for my sluice i was told i have to buy at least a 1squaremeter(10,76 squarefeet)and when i heared the price i backed off and bought a imitation.
There,s a real estate agency nearby my fav. grocery store where there was always a fat succulent piece of red 3m miners moss laying in front of the entrance,catching useless dirt all day.
The carpet measured around 5x3 feet.
Last week i walk by the agency and see; Foto0429.jpg

Seemed like an opportunity to me .I entered the agency and asked about the missing piece of carpet.

Got the 11 squarefeet rest for around 50 dollars.
I don,t know if this sounds like a good deal for you over the pond,but here where i,m at ,11 squarefeet of nomad coast around 250 dollars.

Foto0432.jpg Foto0433.jpg (white socks alarm)

cheers; emilio

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, that's a price that I would pay any day. Great score. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread