Dredging in NC is dead. Was fine 2014.

Aufish

Feb 3, 2015
NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are imposing more and more restrictions to what we can use our own lands for, dredging is now against the "rules". It's starting to feel ridiculous, like the law that you can't look up while taking a piss on sunday in New Hampshire kinda silly, and should largely be disregarded as they are out of control with no one keeping these people in check. Stay armed, exercise your freedom. Soon they are going to tell us we can't swim in the water anywhere because it might kill the fish, but you aren't allowed to fish either because it might kill the fish too. So where do we put a stop to it and say "No more", civil disobedience works as history has shown. These people are hired by YOU, your taxes, to take CARE of the land... NOT police it. They are not police and never will be, don't let them act like they are.

You know how these people are full of it? Call to any different ranger station within the same forest system and ask about regulations, you will get a different answer from every last one. They all have their own take on the "rules" that seemingly get amended on the fly without anyone's approval.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We live in interesting and difficult times......and few care while they are occupied with bread and puppet.............if you pee in n.h. outside while releasing a party ballon that would be 2 misdermenors resulting in a feloney......makes sense,,,right?

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are imposing more and more restrictions to what we can use our own lands for, dredging is now against the "rules". It's starting to feel ridiculous, like the law that you can't look up while taking a piss on sunday in New Hampshire kinda silly, and should largely be disregarded as they are out of control with no one keeping these people in check. Stay armed, exercise your freedom. Soon they are going to tell us we can't swim in the water anywhere because it might kill the fish, but you aren't allowed to fish either because it might kill the fish too. So where do we put a stop to it and say "No more", civil disobedience works as history has shown. These people are hired by YOU, your taxes, to take CARE of the land... NOT police it. They are not police and never will be, don't let them act like they are.

You know how these people are full of it? Call to any different ranger station within the same forest system and ask about regulations, you will get a different answer from every last one. They all have their own take on the "rules" that seemingly get amended on the fly without anyone's approval.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

AuFish,

Can you elaborate as to why you think dredging is dead in N.C., where have you gotten your info that makes you believe or know this to be true?

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
My Own Protest...

PostedSign.jpg My own protest to all these restrictions was to post my 80 acres as noted on the sign. I have already heard from sportsmen, wardens, and others about this. I told them that I have always been a "live and let live" kind of person. That resulted in me being just another part of the "silent majority." Now people who used to hunt, trap, ATV, snowmobile, etc. on my property are crying the blues. If enough people do this, it is going to start costing the State of Maine some serious revenue in the form of licenses, registrations, fees, taxes on supplies and equipment, and so on.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AuFish,

Can you elaborate as to why you think dredging is dead in N.C., where have you gotten your info that makes you believe or know this to be true?

I think he means NH,not NC. No problems here and far enough south there won't be.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't say far enough south Tennessee there is a $500 permit in the works to dredge and stream sluice I believe look it up there coming for us all the bureaucratic pricks between TU and the enviro's the lobbyist's are being bought..............sick of it I know that

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he means NH,not NC. No problems here and far enough south there won't be.

Enamel7, I'm sure AuFish is writing about N.C. since his profile shows he is from N.C., I also don't know of any new issues concerning dredging in N.C. and really want to know what AuFish is posting about if indeed there something new on the horizon concerning dredging in N.C.

I'm assuming that he's upset over not be able to dredge in National Forests since he mentioned National Forests/Rangers and different info from each person one talks to, but this has been the same for sometime now.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
By the way, fellow prospectors, it is well known that Trout Unlimited is trying to get all of us off streams all over the U.S. According to the following list of "Conservation Partners" from LL Bean, LL Bean supports Trout Unlimited. Something to keep in mind when you are considering doing business with LL Bean. L.L.Bean Conservation Partners Follow the money...

Last edited:

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can still dredge in n.h. with a permit,,4 inch limit,,

nozzle restrictions are also thre path of downfall for becoming a professional dredger in many cases.It may not disturb you when you just want to have some fun but in rivers where the wage depends on cubic yards you can process such restrictions are the factor drawing the line between gaining or loosing.
I guess thats one factor why some pro dredgers do not want the rec.dredgers to be too involved in the negotiation process with the sustainable fascist movement.
The recr.might be happy to have a permitt to use a 4 inch dredge and agrees with that compromise,while a pro has to move more yards or have more powerful motors to be able to dredge from greater depths.
Always remember..everything is possible if you grease the toothed wheels of the "sustainable" certification industrie that has evolved and is still evolving and growing,living its live as a tick.
Just become rich prior to dredging so you can afford the process..pay for becoming a member of the"World Business Council for sustainable Development",pay some state scientists for the certification process and you be able to dredge with this dredge http://www.holcim-sued.de/holcimcms/uploads/DEUB/Rheingold_mini.pdf
that feeds a recovery system working 140 tons of minus 2mm material per hour and you will get also the"Enterprise award in raw materials industrie" because you gain the gold only by using gravity(we use antigravity it seems)..adios small scalers welcome corp.capit.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1165895 My own protest to all these restrictions was to post my 80 acres as noted on the sign. I have already heard from sportsmen, wardens, and others about this. I told them that I have always been a "live and let live" kind of person. That resulted in me being just another part of the "silent majority." Now people who used to hunt, trap, ATV, snowmobile, etc. on my property are crying the blues. If enough people do this, it is going to start costing the State of Maine some serious revenue in the form of licenses, registrations, fees, taxes on supplies and equipment, and so on.[/QUOTE

I totally get why you did what you did, but like you said those people that used to use your land are now crying the blues. The only guy you hurt are the ones on your side. Like California the state of Maine or anyother state could careless about the loss of revenue its chump change to them. California killed an entire industry and numerous local economies and rural towns without so much as a bat of an eye. I would argue that unknowingly your helping them keep people out of the woods. As well as speeding up the process for future generations lack of interest in caring for or wanting to be out in the woods. It helps them divide and conquer us. In reference to your land issue, what some of us here have done is to encourage (require) folks to get involved. You want to play on our land or claim, show us a donation slip, or membership card to PLP or another advocacy group on ourside and have a goodtime and enjoy yourself.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
We tried to get the traditional outdoor sportsmen and women of Maine involved. When it came time for Legislature hearings and votes, they were all "No show Jones." Nothing seemed to get their attention. Now they are crying because more and more land in Maine is being posted every year. I will acknowledge that only a small portion of that posted land is owned by gold prospectors. We have a group in Maine called Sportsmen's Alliance of Maine. We could have helped them and they could have helped us. Their former director is anti-prospecting and he continues to wield a strong influence on their membership. I am now having mixed emotions about GPAA and other groups as well as TV reality shows like Gold Fever, Gold Rush, and Bering Sea Gold. Before them we were pretty much invisible but now we are right in the center of the radar screen. I am continually more frustrated with the political process because for every voter out there who thinks carefully about issues, there are a hundred voters out there interested in the candidate's hair style or personality or stand on issues which belong only in peoples' bedrooms. Yes, they will take prospecting away from us and, at the same time cry "Patriotism" when they want more Americans to die for some other country's problems.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still not getting what the OP. is talking about. I know about the trouble in Tenn. also. They have limited gold areas compared to NC. There's also no trout in the streams I dredge. Waters too warm! Not to mention private property and no where near as liberal as Cali. Too many good ole boys to mess with here!

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still not getting what the OP. is talking about. I know about the trouble in Tenn. also. They have limited gold areas compared to NC. There's also no trout in the streams I dredge. Waters too warm! Not to mention private property and no where near as liberal as Cali. Too many good ole boys to mess with here!

National Forests in North Carolina - Rocks & Minerals:Gold Panning

Rules from FS website, it seems not only is dredging not allowed in NC NF but sluicing is banned as well. I don't recall that bit.. anyone care to explain what the hell a forest closure order is exactly and what authority does it really have? I was thinking about dredging in NC but eh...

"
Gold Panning

Some visitors to the national forest like to try their hands at finding minerals or panning for gold. Visitors are asked to following these guidelines when rockhounding or gold panning in the National Forests in North Carolina.

Rockhounding and gold panning may take place on most national forest lands – provided only small quantities of material are removed for personal, non-commercial purposes.
Recreational rockhounding and gold panning are not allowed in Congressionally-designated wilderness areas or in the corridors of designated wild and scenic rivers.
Recreational rockhounding and gold panning are not allowed in forest areas where mineral rights are owned by a private party, or in an area that is under mineral lease to a private party.
Permits are required for removal of mineral materials for scientific and research purposes.
Commercial removal of minerals requires a prospecting permit from the Bureau of Land Management.
Materials must be removed using small hand tools without mechanical means or motorized equipment. Removing mineral materials with a pick, shovel, sluice box or similar large tools can cause significant impacts to resources is considered mechanical so therefore not allowed.
Suction dredges are not allowed by forest closure order.
Gold pans may be used for gold panning in the beds of streams, but the banks of streams cannot be disturbed by digging or removing materials.
Any disturbance to or removal of historical or archaeological artifacts is prohibited by federal law
"

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
Your taxpayer dollars at work. In other words, unless you are a dope smoking confidante of the elite, stay out of our National Forests and Parks. Velkome to Amerika. Sieg Heil!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is why I think it is wrong to ban politics from the general forums. Politicians and Government agencies are infringing on our rights on almost everything related to any type of treasure hunting you can think of. The EPA is out of control. Recent laws restricting and seizing shipwreck and other treasures are insane. We need to be able to discuss it and organize to start pushing back against it.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
It won't do any good. Americans only want to drink the Kool-Aid, not hear the truth. When they are sleeping in camps closed in by electric fences and guards with M-4's and spend their days grubbing for scraps of garbage, perhaps then they will understand. But then it will be too late.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It won't do any good. Americans only want to drink the Kool-Aid, not hear the truth. When they are sleeping in camps closed in by electric fences and guards with M-4's and spend their days grubbing for scraps of garbage, perhaps then they will understand. But then it will be too late.

Ah come on now! That would never happen, it's against the constitution and we have laws that protect us!:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions