Cleaning air line

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Years back Hoser told me to use a mouthwash like Listerine in my lines airtank and wipe out my mask when not in use. plus I couple my airlines together to keep critters out and I plug my air inlet/ outlet for the same reason. the mask usually goes into a LARGE Zip lock bag.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use mouthwash as well. I cleaned the tank ,reg.,and lines . Make sure to really ---really rinse.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It helps to blow out the lines and tank to dry also. then minty fresh next time your ready to suck'm'up-John

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mouthwash works, I used it for years but why not use a nice Vodka. That's what I use in my trailer water pipes for winter storage, sounds mm mm good :evil6:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
HAHA Reed some people where I dredged at frowned on using ANY drinking product on anything but your palate ! I once used some "Misery Spring water" to assist starting the fire for coffee one morning and got yelled at by someone who enjoyed sipping Misery spring water!:) BUT they had coffee when they got up!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vodka makes sense doesn't it, I mean when you use listerine or mouthwash, the flavor of the mouthwash is still in there after it's been rinsed and everything and to me it gets old smelling that crap every time I put the regulator in my mouth. You should try Vodka this time and be sure to leave the line full, don't blow it out. Then put the regulator in your mouth as you kick on the pump and°°° YEA BABY°°° The new Gas Power Vodka Bong. The longer the air line, the longer the fun :evil6:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey its a party then. Vodka all around on me :)

Sounds like a good practice. I can't wait to get some experience diving. Looks awesome. But I have a healthy fear of it so I'm just gonna go with what I feel comfortable with. Definitely want to get certified some day. Money and job are an issue right now so I'm gonna have to put it off. But it's bucket list at the very least!

Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
have o try Mouthwash maybe Vodka
been using 50/50 peroxide, rubbing alcohol, then run air through to help dry out lines

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Yep I wish I got my dive certification years back ! BUT I haven't dredged any deep holes ! and now weight belts are toooo much for my back /knees /F.O.G. syndrome!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By god I can relate to that as 2 Back Surgeons have said I have a sway back like a over worked riding horse and I said to them both ...Not really...more like a overworked freight hauling jackass hahahaha. Wearing 75-125 lbs on your waist for 40 years x 1,000s of hours = a bad back,,,but oooooo such fun as only regret is I didn't do it more.-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread