Brawn Mini Highbanker

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was strolling through the 'bargain cave" at Cabelas last week when I came across this Brawn mini highbanker marked down from $499 to $199. Was I looking for this thing well...no. Could I just walk away from a deal like that......Absolutely not! Anyone with any experience or comments on it would be much appreciated as I was hoping to use a 12v pump of whatever GPM necessary.......Thanks!

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice "Prospector plus" makes them, looks like it would use a 12v 2200gph bulge pump.
mini highbanker complete kit | Prospectors Plus LLC

might make up some different riffles for different areas like some areas may only have super fine gold
and expanded metal over miners moss might work better or some other combination.
part of fun is to experiment, sounds like it wont take long to get your moneys worth out of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It seems they do recommend a 2200 GPH pump if shoveling material right into hopper but that pump in 12 volt would suck down even a deep cycle battery in no time. I"m thinking about trying a 1250 GPH 12v pump and pre classifying material down to 1/2" before feeding, add a battery and solar panel and hopefully good to go. Prospecting equipment for me has to be portable as in attached to a pack frame, I appreciate the input winner58..... thanks

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use a 2200gph for my highbanker and also power my buddy's 1100gph at the same time from my marine deep cycle battery that I paid $80. for at Walmart. We usually run 4 hrs each time and no real loss of volume at the end of the day. It's heavy but we use carts to transport our gear to make the weight tolerable. If generators are legal where you go, then a very small, lightweight gas generator with a 12vt outlet should work. Or a smaller battery and a solar charger might get you by. If money was no problem, I'd use a Lithium Ion car battery. Same amperage with 1/10th the weight but.....10+ times the price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions