last post here

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure what everyone is doing but its still alive.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's winter, most places that it's still legal are either frozen over or it's closed for fish spawning season.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just dreamin of gold over here.

Finished my trans flush, truck still doesn't move, time for a new transmission.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Bill most all the sites are really slow lately! sometimes its really frustrating not to see the useual posts BUT>>>>>>>>>> NeoTokyo BEFORE rebuilding your trans, have the tourqe convertor checked out. that fixed several transmissions for my MANY kids! and if you do this flush the transmission lines through the cooler also until they come out clean! OR all your work will be for nothing when the left over trash goes into the new parts and ruins them!

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We will be dredging next weekend in Virginia. Got to go get the propane tank filled up for my wetsuit heater.

We usually use winter for prospecting/exploring since on the east coast you can see the terrain better when the leaves are gone.

We will also be dredging some areas that we normally can't in the summer due to low water conditions.

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mgumby 16
are you using a camping h/w heater? and how do you like it? I am looking at wet suites for next year and was thinking of the camping h/w heaters for warmth in early spring and late fall.I have heard of ppl using them but not a lot of feed back. And Bill I want to get in the water but the water is just to dang cold this time of year for jeans and t-shirt.

Bill

Last edited:

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill_saf yep I use a camping h/w heater. It's the triton on demand water heater. It works pretty good. I have used it in water were we had to break ice on surface in the morning. Never used it in below freezing air temps.

One thing I don't like is that it has an automatic shutoff after 20 min. This can be circumvented by turning the water flow off then Back on before the 20 min mark. Also I have never dove with it only long armed. Will hopefully test diving with it this year.

I have it set up so the whole thing mounts right on my dredge. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447698048.800281.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447698117.101301.jpg

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mine is the 5L. I have small screen between a ball valve and the hose mounted to the hose bib. Makes it so you can easily clean the screen without having to shut down.

The main area we work generally has a lot of vegetation in the water. I always have a five gallon bucket with a bunch of holes drilled in it and a mesh laundry bag around my foot valve to stop leaf matter from clogging the foot valve and getting into the pump.

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not a problem hope it helps. I will try as post some pics of dredging this upcoming weekend.

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No dredging in Wash. until next Sept season starts. I've been converting the dredge back to a highbanker for when our weather improves a bit. Might try hitting the beach to see what the storms have brought......or taken away in December or January.

OP
OP
B

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
well it it good to see there is still some die hards still around, I am in the same boat as a few of you fellas, my dredging days are over .....damn

bill

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Bill im in the same boat as you! I just cant get out on the rough ground anymore but I still like building equipment in my shop. maybe if/when I get something done I can talk some guys into trying it out for me while I sit back and sip a cold beverage! :) Its really hard not being able to get out dredgeing! BUT when does a guy (F.O.G) pull the plug on what he likes doing?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOG gets younger help is my answer to that problem. My absolute favorite is dredging 100% alone as no bs that way. If I die bfg as them crawdads and forest critters would get a good meal anyhow. Just me always rocks. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread