Anyone filed for non standard HPA in washington in recent years.

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
Washington DC :evil7:.... good luck with that ..... same mob who are plundering all and sundry :icon_farao:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think its non standard if you want to have a longer work period that why you would put in for a HPA
it depends on how close to the water, it would have to be site specific, then they send out a biologist with one or two site visits.

go here to see HPA applications just use the dropdown for Preject type/ chose mineral prospecting leave all other box's blank
dont use the browser back arrow use the back controls in the application window. you can view the complete application and how it was filled out.
Search HPA's https://www.govonlinesaas.com/WA/WDFW/Public/Client/WA_WDFW/Shared/Pages/Main/Login.aspx

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think its non standard if you want to have a longer work period that why you would put in for a HPA
it depends on how close to the water, it would have to be site specific, then they send out a biologist with one or two site visits.

go here to see HPA applications just use the dropdown for Preject type/ chose mineral prospecting leave all other box's blank
dont use the browser back arrow use the back controls in the application window. you can view the complete application and how it was filled out.
Search HPA's https://www.govonlinesaas.com/WA/WDFW/Public/Client/WA_WDFW/Shared/Pages/Main/Login.aspx

Yep, words have meaning and I said it wrong. I just meant operating outside the standard 'timing rules' not a non standard hpa. Thanks for the correction. and thanks for the link.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats gota suck, a 15 day work window, if you just ask to extend the work window they would review the area and may or may not extend it.
best to get creative, identify areas that you could work where your discharge would not go directly into the stream like an off area, and
give them a time frame for working these off areas before and after an extended in-stream window. the one's Ive heard of that worked out
had their plan all layed out and showed up when they sent someone for the site visit.

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have several HPA's for WA State that allows using a highbanker with a 4" hydroforce nozzle for dryland. It really depends on where you want to do this. There are certain counties that will be a pain in the asss such as Chelan County. Sometime they will want you to do a walk through and they'll give you specific gps cooridinates where you can operate....

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
any pics of the gold up there? is one of those hpas needed to dredge there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread