Pump sizing 2" dredge higbanker combo

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the Proline website and look at their REAL dredge setup on their highbanker. End the insipid grizzly bar convolution when dredging as you'll be a much happier wealthier miner, MUCH less work also. Their pump specs and such are all posted. Many good pumps out there from dahlke, keene, proline and precision. Buy gently used and not abused , lots a luck-John

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 2 inch pump from Harbor Freight will work really well for that setup. The 212cc motor will only have to run at just above idle so it will be nice and quiet. Will give you plenty of suction on that 2 inch nozzle. Mine has a lot of trouble free days logged in on it over the last 3 years. Don't forget to keep up on the oil changes no matter which one you settle on.

Look around for a 20 or 25% coupon to drop the price even more.

Don't get the 1 inch pump they offer.. I tried dads on my setup (10x48 traditional sluice).. couldn't even push the rocks over the riffles. Too little gpm. It does however run his 11 wide drop riffle highbanker box well enough... doesn't look like there is enough to run a dredge with though. I only bring it up as many get tempted by it.

Hey John :hello:

I cut my homemade highbanker/dredge box in half and hinged it so I could put more tilt on the grizzly which made the angle adjustable... hardly have to get up to clear the rocks. Without that mod I agree with you though... all that getting up to clear will reduce your nozzle time. A buddy of mine runs a string to his grizzly to shake the rocks out by raising it and lowering it.

Never tried running it without the grizzly.. just imagined they would load up on the punch plate. Will try next time out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread