Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
did some browsing, found a couple of the threads it was in, its a little more beat up since those pics were taken and its still finding gold

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dredging-hi-banking/348079-building-dredge-pontoons-3.html

post 41
attachment.php

from when i was testing the balance in my test pool and yes the pontoons are pool lounge chair floats
this motor pump assy didnt have enough balls to run the 3" nozzle, so i got the 2" harbor freight one

and from page 4 post 47
attachment.php

everything self contained except motor. pic taken at my clubs property in red lion PA
attachment.php

running in NC, ran for abt 15 minutes and had the cleanout below
attachment.php

sitting in river , waiting to play

attachment.php

12 pieces of yellow happiness in 15 min, PRICELESS

i run this one alot at my gold clubs property in red lion PA

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super! Thats why I want to keep everything as light as possible. Portability for me is a priority!

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
its pretty balanced too, i used the ends of the pool lounger frame and put the alum tube into the ends and screwed them in and used a pair of alice pack shoulder straps with clips on the ends, just clip them in the holes on bottom of framework and pick it up. i did put a pair of 6" waste pipe with endcaps the length of the pontoons in the bottom groove (in the pic where im wearing it, there are some big white zipties holding them on) to give a little extra "freeboard" for when the dredge turns crossway in current (the top of pontoons would be level with water surface) and didnt want to swamp it

also, i used bolts with wingnuts on all the sluice and motor mounts to make it easy to disassemble. and i put the sluice up in the front motor mount hole to give the maximun ground clearance when climbing down the stream banks and walking up the river and in my gold club propertys case , walking thru the bridge culvert

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just finished my custom mini highbanker/dredge! Brought hoses, fittings, water pump ect. Nothing more satisfying than making your own diy project and seeing it in action! This tuesday or wednsday will be the initial run. I'll head to a place where I have found not much gold just to get this thing up and running. Then I'll head to my secret location. Time to do some serious highbanking and dredging!!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487596321.389023.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487596343.091595.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487596369.259804.jpg

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! I am going to attempt this project as well and wondered if you could send the link of what you used as the silicon when putting the pieces together?

Also, can you show me how you did the grisly bars? Attaching them?

And the last question, for now, what size pvc did you use going into the back of the hopper? I will be using a 2" pump but I assume you can make the actual pipe into the hopper any size and add a adapter to connect to the hose coming in.

If you could let me know I would really appreciate your help.

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also how did you do the corners? Is there a 90 bracket to use on those or did you just butt the straight pieces together and silicon?

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll add another question... How does the supports for the hopper work out for you? I noticed they seem adjustable with the washers squashed by the wingnut? Has it slid out on you yet? Or does it tighten down enough to prevent that.. I like the idea!

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it's where he just put the longer ones on the side and cut the corners down to where it butts against the side ones but it seems like it would leak. I guess if you put a lot of silicon on the outside it would be fine.

I'm assuming once you get it together you can also run a Bead of silicon around the inside as well

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have another question. Lol

How do you get the pvc to connect through the hole in the back plate? Do you just cut the piece short enough to push into the 45's on the one side, and I'm not sure what that little piece is on the inside? Is that like an adapter

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll add another question... How does the supports for the hopper work out for you? I noticed they seem adjustable with the washers squashed by the wingnut? Has it slid out on you yet? Or does it tighten down enough to prevent that.. I like the idea!

I'll install rubber rings just to make sure. They haven't sliped out but just trying to make sure. Sorry for not coming back. Been too busy lately, not even having time to finish my project.

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have another question. Lol

How do you get the pvc to connect through the hole in the back plate? Do you just cut the piece short enough to push into the 45's on the one side, and I'm not sure what that little piece is on the inside? Is that like an adapter

I just used a male and female adapters and put them together. There the screw type.

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489269035.210663.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489269080.865166.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489269133.594593.jpg
Pictures of this past sunday! Didn't find much but hoping for the best this sunday!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed the video:icon_thumleft:
Looking forward to seeing the highbanker dredge combo in action.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions