Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lots of guy use it for highbankers. you just have to be careful what you drag it across or against so you don't puncture it

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate it,kinks, bends.restricts,robs psi to stay rigid,ez to pop holes, more psi/gpm with rigid hose...John

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on your definitions. Some people hate the hose that comes with the Keene dredges, but I love it. Some call it too thin, I say it's perfect. Never had a kink or collapse. I'm sure there are thinner options available, and those might indeed be too thin but it's hard to give you a solid answer without knowing exactly what hose you are referring too.

OP
OP
M

matt_unique

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at the green suction hose at Home Depot and found it way too stiff. I'm looking for a hose that is rigid (rather than the blue lay flat variety) but flexible enough to lay straight. Suggestions for a source?

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you talking about layflat hose, it's fine to pump water to a nozzle will only last one season if your careful
by the second season you'll be puling your hair out one little scratch turns into a misting shower, mine ended up with lots of repairs
then I switched to the blue flex hose it wasn't any better, its got no UV protection, get it in the sun then one scratch and you got a leak.
I put a 4' section of the stiff high pressure hose at the nozzle and a short piece off the pump to help with the kinks.
I now use a powerjet alot less hassle...
copyDSC01203.JPG . 100_1140.JPG

Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you posted while I was typing. I would do a search for the Kuriyama, or Kanaflex Industrial Hose.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kanafles 151 available at all dredge shops, industrial hose suppliers, ag suppliers even sewer pumpers supplies carry-great hose good for a lifetime if treated right-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread