If Interested. California Court Upholds Dredge Ban

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There have been many scientific studies, since the 1950s, regarding suction dredging. They concur that dredging is BENEFICIAL to the environment. This case was never about science . Non-consumptive use of natural resources is the heartfelt belief of the closed minded wackos

So the way to do it is: form a environmental cleanup company, show the state they are in violation of federal law for mercury contamination, and have the state pay your company to dredge up the mercury. Almost all placers are contaminated with mercury. That way the politicians think they are heroes for cleaning up the environment.

https://www.epa.gov/mercury/environmental-laws-apply-mercury

getmesomegold

Greenie
Jul 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There actually is a bit of good news in all of this, in the decision mention was made of the power of mining districts.

There is a movement to hold elections and restaff these districts and contrary to what's been said out there, these districts can and will make a difference and give the governance of mining, back to the miners, if you read the decision I believe you'll find the wording on or about page 10 and all but admitting this decision should have been a decision for the mining districts if someone would have been at the helm.....

Just having the mining districts staffed would have allowed us to be at the front of the decision line instead of at the public hearings where the decision was already made and they just had to go through the dog and pony show for the public!

So we may have lost a battle, but, it's time to change the strategy

Look in the ICMJ to get dates of Mining District Meetings in your area and come out and learn how you can take back and control your mines again!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Bill Text - SB-637 Suction dredge mining: permits.
https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Suction-Dredge-Permits

Go right to the source of our pain and NOT the cherry picked preconceived tiny post with bits and pieces of the rules/regs that fit their own wants. Let the sic sic sic truth keep you out of harms way-John
SOOOO! the Cal courts want to stop everyone from their rights while this is in litigation. Then why don't the courts stop everyone from driving after receiving a ticket for speeding when they appeal their "conviction"? OR any other law! Sounds like a case of "Discrimination" to me! ALL laws are to be handled the same under the eyes of the law! isn't the law supposed to be blind towards outside interferences like them greenies and their $$$$$$$$$$$$

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
SOOOO! the Cal courts want to stop everyone from their rights while this is in litigation. Then why don't the courts stop everyone from driving after receiving a ticket for speeding when they appeal their "conviction"? OR any other law! Sounds like a case of "Discrimination" to me! ALL laws are to be handled the same under the eyes of the law! isn't the law supposed to be blind towards outside interferences like them greenies and their $$$$$$$$$$$$

Tell that to HRC

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
There have been many scientific studies, since the 1950s, regarding suction dredging. They concur that dredging is BENEFICIAL to the environment. This case was never about science . Non-consumptive use of natural resources is the heartfelt belief of the closed minded wackos

If this is true that they did infact have this study done (at our expense) and then came back and said (in court) that it does infact cause harm , then they lied on one or both counts and should be fined and or prosecuted for lieing to the courts while under oath! I read most of the studys and have copys in my folder out in my trailer to bring with me when dredging . How is it that these wacoenviromentalists and socalled "representatives' of ours can bold faced lie to the courts repeatedly even after they have been proven wrong in the courts? OH Yea I remember now , Cal. courts are full of damocrat judges and they know where their pockets are bing filled from!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the PROBLEM is that most - if not all - of these studies DON'T say dredging "is beneficial" to the environment. At best they say that the evidence is "inconclusive." They can all be cherry picked to "prove" one side or the other's case. PLEASE educate me if I'm wrong. There are a lot of "opinions" out there by folks that have NEVER read the actual studies and papers, but very few facts. :skullflag:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Not only that Terry, but as Russ was mentioning about lying in court, I'd like to see a court case where someone ISN'T lying!! Lawyers are taught to bend the truth so many different ways that it "should" be called lying, but isn't, normally. Also, if you have someone else to back up a false claim while someone else who is telling the truth "doesn't" have backup witnesses, then the lies will always triumph. Sadly, the courts can't KNOW the truth. Even more sadly, sometimes they "do" know, but don't care. I hope that this is rarely the case, but has been the case in our very limited court dealings.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many times have you heard a political hack say " I misspoke" when caught in a barefaced lie? Or " i short circuited".

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
justice.jpg

From the first stone tools to the International space station, humans have made creations that allow us to do things and go places beyond our natural capabilities.

One such capability humans do not naturally possess is the ability to reliably self govern.

Help Wanted: Seeking Machine adjudicator, robes and wooden hammers need not apply.

To be continued.....

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember high banking in Granite, Colorado summer of 1993. One of the miners dug up an old bottle of mercury, complete with cork stopper. A lot of the gold we got was mercury contaminated. Today the area is littered with no mining activity signs from Colorado Parks & Wildlife. In the meantime the mercury is leaching into the environment. Kinda weird having amalgam in your pan.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Not only that Terry, but as Russ was mentioning about lying in court, I'd like to see a court case where someone ISN'T lying!! Lawyers are taught to bend the truth so many different ways that it "should" be called lying, but isn't, normally. Also, if you have someone else to back up a false claim while someone else who is telling the truth "doesn't" have backup witnesses, then the lies will always triumph. Sadly, the courts can't KNOW the truth. Even more sadly, sometimes they "do" know, but don't care. I hope that this is rarely the case, but has been the case in our very limited court dealings.
In the court system , its ALWAYS that the BEST LIER ALWAYS WINS!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is only one exception I know of and that's the Pacific Legal Foundation as they win by being real lawyers at the highest level. If Rinehart case goes to the fed Supreme Court and utilized their expertise there will be a HUGE difference. His call and nobody else as the last stand....John

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLF has committed to taking the Reinhart case to the US Supreme Court and Brandon is in for the long haul. PLF is a true powerhouse for individual rights, property rights and true liberty. They are on a 7 or 8 case win streak at the Supreme Court and typically will not pick up a case unless they believe they can win it. I cannot say enough good about PLF,,,, support them whatever way you can.

Don't hold your breath on this case, it may not even be heard by the Supreme Court and even if it is it will take a painfully long time.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, nobody is back in the water. Is there a plan to get people back in the water?

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
09/06/2016 Rehearing petition filed Defendant and Appellant: Brandon Lance Rinehart
Attorney: James L. Buchal

California Courts - Appellate Court Case Information
(edit)
Now they have postponed making a decision for rehearing till Nov. 20th isn't that real close to the 90 days to appeal to the US supreme court.

09/06/2016 Time extended to consider modification or rehearing The time for granting or denying rehearing in the above-entitled case
is hereby extended to and including November 20, 2016, or the date upon which rehearing is either granted or denied, whichever occurs first.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seasons-2009-10-11-12-13-14-15-16 flushed away and Supreme Court is a slow process. Leave :dontknow: what water Terry as we dry up again... Come on Pacific Legal Foundation as last chance from real lawyers who actually WIN-John

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What was your plan again? Not being a jerk, just considering viable options.

Creating a multi-level, coordinated, state and national, public education and relations campaign focusing on the actual effects of river dredging; the history of placer gold mining in America, and it's modern day importance and legacy; and the dredging rights being threatened by militant environmentalists that burn new home developments and derail freight and passenger trains.

You can keep fighting road closures and access battles but, dump Rinehardt, and start spending that money on a FUTURE! :occasion14:

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you are saying, to recreate the US Department of Education and include a Propaganda Branch? Not that I think it is Propaganda but any opposition would view it as such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread