Dredging rules and regs.

rer613

Greenie
Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am looking for the rules and regulations for gold dredging in the streams and creeks of Alabama, I have looked on line but just seem to find general regs. for state parks. I have been to the "Alabama Gold Camp" and had lots of fun and found some color with a 2" dredge, I am building a 3" right now but would like to know about where to get dredging laws for Alabama, I am located in Pensacola fl. and would like to hunt some Alabama creeks.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, I am looking for the rules and regulations for gold dredging in the streams and creeks of Alabama, I have looked on line but just seem to find general regs. for state parks. I have been to the "Alabama Gold Camp" and had lots of fun and found some color with a 2" dredge, I am building a 3" right now but would like to know about where to get dredging laws for Alabama, I am located in Pensacola fl. and would like to hunt some Alabama creeks.

lots of private land be careful

OP
OP
R

rer613

Greenie
Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that the creeks and streams in Alabama are all public but access to them might not be, that is the area I am looking at and what is needed for permits and other legalities involved for out of state folks. I am planning to go back to the Alabama Gold Camp but looks like not this summer.

kilnmaint

Apr 3, 2009
Homewood, Al
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is the latest I know about. Ala Conservation rule 220-4-15 amended August 11, 2016 effective Sept 25, 2016, prohibits disturbing or removing any river bottom designated as a navigable waterway. Includes the Coosa, Tallapoosa, and others. Any other waterway bottom is owned by the adjacent property owner and can be prospected with their permission. Game wardens can and will enforce this. ( I have already been told not to come back to Tallapoosa). Don't know how we can fight this . Any ideas?

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not having any issues finding the web site !
I'm having issues finding where on the web site they were talking about Alabama rules and refs!
Thanks

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not necessary okbasspro !
I didn't make my self very clear in my other post . I'm just trying to,find out because I have a cabin on tallapoosa river near the gold camp .... we dredge down there

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
The like to your question is at www.goldhog.com in the forums and go to the topic "state by state rules and guidelines then look for the state your inquiring about. In this case Georgia. remember this is a copy righted issue as quoted by Doc. But itll give you the info you requested.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Go back to www.goldhog.com and look in the forums under state by state rules and then pick the state your inquiring about. In this case Georgia. and click on Georgia rules and guidelines. this will give you a brief overall view of the rules and REMEMBER that this is copy written material as quoted by Doc!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Go to www.goldhog,com in the forums look for the state by state rules and pick (in this case Alabama) and go to Georgia rules and guidelines for your answer. REMEMBER that this is copy written material and Doc has posted this on this subject. PLEASE comply with Docs request.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread