Will the Sluice Box on the Ultra 4"Dredge fit the Regular 4"

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Why not contact the manufacture of this equipment and ask them . They should have the inside scoop on the fit ! Im assumeing you have a Keene device .

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not contact the manufacture of this equipment and ask them . They should have the inside scoop on the fit ! Im assumeing you have a Keene device .

If you do, see if you can get Mark, he the guy you would want. The other thing is just measure the width. Bolt holes may be different.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been many designs of the frame over the past 15 years ,models also . Should be no big deal. Standard flarebox 40" x 16" and 3 way 48" x 16" but 2008 catalog doesn't list size of mini box, unless that designation has now been changed to standard, which it hopefully isn't. 8'' doesn't sound like much change till you do the math 8"=20% bigger.John

OP
OP
Frank Tillman

Frank Tillman

Nov 16, 2016
Western USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not contact the manufacture of this equipment and ask them . They should have the inside scoop on the fit ! Im assuming you have a Keene device .

I figured someone here might have, or had, both. We'll see, worth a try. I just talked to keene about a different matter, won't bother them again till I'm ready to place my order, huge order they'll like. I'm moving next month don't want to move all the
dredges and stuff twice.

If someone knows if the ultra 4" box will easily replace the 3 stage I would appreciate letting me know. Don't want anything to do with the 3 stage. I used the regular for many years, good enough for me, I'm a big gold guy.

Will be ordering some ultra dredges and would also like to get a more stable regular 4" just to have. These dealers may be going out of business soon and want to get extra dredges and stuff now.

Last edited:

Sam_at_Armadillo

Oct 1, 2016
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer is NO. It will not "GO RIGHT ON", but they are close.

The bracket that hooks the sluice to the frame are not set up quite the same but close might be adaptable.
I believe the flare is shorter on the mini/ultra also

The box length is also not the same.
so if you are thinking of removing the guts from one and putting it in the other. Will not work.
Full size has a drop box.

The floation on the mini/ultra is less.

But just putting a MINI/ULTRA on a Full Size 3 stage Keene dredge could work but would have more floatation than needed.

:-)
Sam

OP
OP
Frank Tillman

Frank Tillman

Nov 16, 2016
Western USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer is NO. It will not "GO RIGHT ON", but they are close.

The bracket that hooks the sluice to the frame are not set up quite the same but close might be adaptable.
I believe the flare is shorter on the mini/ultra also

The box length is also not the same.
so if you are thinking of removing the guts from one and putting it in the other. Will not work.
Full size has a drop box.

The floation on the mini/ultra is less.

But just putting a MINI/ULTRA on a Full Size 3 stage Keene dredge could work but would have more floatation than needed.

:-)
Sam

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! I want a dredge with more flotation than needed, because sometimes it is. I'll take it to a good
welding shop. Between modifying the 3 stage, modifying a Proline box, and the Ultra box it'll get done.
I like the Keene regular flotation, but the 3 stage no way. I want a good, simple, tough box.

Thanks Again !

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple over/under rocks the fines world. John punchplate ramp up and size classifier up top.jpg

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
under with righteous ripped carpet.jpg under with righteous ribbed carpets. Much less weight than 3 way and much better recovery. The dual sized classifier lets nuggets drop out in the first 2 small riffles while protected whilst the ramp feeds the under. That is NOT a crash style box but the rare semi flare,flared with a much farther throw so you can go up speed,lower and crash or slow down and lower and flare works like a normal flair. Best of both worlds Keep it simple and prosper-John

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frank Tillman

Frank Tillman

Nov 16, 2016
Western USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple over/under rocks the fines world. John View attachment 1382504

Could you be clearer, is this an extension of the punch plate screwed together, or what??

Where is the woven wire classifier?

Do you remove the aluminum separator plate, don't use it ?

2nd stage riffles?

I don't have the 3 stage, just the diagram, could explain more.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEVER EVER WIRE AS NO CONTROL. Flow control is managed by sizing of punch plate and must always have the al plate but mine is very short. The different sizes add to recovery and lip under plate keeps all larger materials out of the under to preserve the flow. KEEP discharge out of the water or you will slow the flow and loose gold. John securedownloadCAUHR6YDclassifier and depth holder.jpg

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pounds and pounds and pounds since 85. 2 new headers and have a extra crash/flare as backup if this one wears out. Always recycle into old as once dialed you just leave it alone. Remove the punch and all the biggest and best displayed for instant picking. Blondes-lightest materials-down below are proof of great recovery as on any over/under configuration if your nor getting the blondes you sure aren't getting any gold either. Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread