Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that Oregon has had that ban for many years (I remember reading it somewhere). Also I don't think there is any history of ocean dredging similar to what they do in Nome along the Oregon coast but they do dredge the rivers (and maybe the harbors), etc. to clear channels or get gravel for fill. I wonder how many of those rigs have clandestine sluices on them?:laughing7: It still does not make sense but....it was worth the try just in case some gummerment official did not know their own rules.

Last edited:
OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked into dredging the sixes river tide water because the "in water work timing" says below the hwy101 bridge is open in the winter
I was told I would have to apply for an individual Army corp. permit and would have to have access,
the application requires you put down the property owner or lease or contract rights, pretty much told me it wasn't going to happen.

Last edited:

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked into dredging the sixes river tide water because the "in water work timing" says below the hwy101 bridge is open in the winter I was told I would have to apply for an individual Army corp. permit and would have to have access,
the application requires you put down the property owner or lease or contract rights, pretty much told me it wasn't going to happen.

Not so fast winners, USACE isn't as bad as the EPA or the state agencies. If you are serious I would call and ask a few questions. Be sure to explain to them what your idea of a dredge is... and be prepared to laughed at with that toy with the lawn mower motor on it (to them they are thinking the Christine Rose from Gold Rush) A section 10 permit shouldn't be that hard to get and NMFS will generally lean to the way USACE is. It might be worth a call.

Good Luck

ratled

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it would be a good zone if you could pull it off. It would sure get the interest of some of the local snowflakes that I know and try to stay away from. I'd watch your six though if you wanted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread