Lets talk mask

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am a dredger and U/W detector, in the past I have just used a regular mask and regulator set up on my different hookah systems. I am thinking going to a full face mask now since I am getting too much jaw fatigue. At looking at the cost of FF mask, I am leaning towards a IST m37. any thoughts?
Other masks are very expensive and not much options in using my regulators.
Rick

ssdsupply

Feb 20, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
I don't like full face masks. You will have more problems using them than a regular mask. I suggest you get a sea cure mouthpiece for your regulator instead. This mouthpiece allows you to form it to perfectly fit your teeth and be comfortable. I've been a diver 52 years and until I retired I owned the oldest dive store in the US.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like full face masks either but I have used a Ocean Reef Neptune and didn't mind it. I had a Scuba Pro and hated it. I agree, a good mouth piece makes all the difference.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if you want a good full face mask, not those cheap pieces of crap , buy a kirby morgan bandmask (kmb10,kmb18 etc or even a exo mask), when i still had my own commercial diving company, i spent many many hours in them and helmets. beats holding a mouthpiece for 10 or 12 hours, talk about jaw fatigue. they have flow adjustable regulators and have no problem running off my t80s on my dredges. if you cant afford one of those, get an AGA mask, you can get a plate to use other regs. i have one with the plate and an oceanic omega low profile reg and it also has a optional surface "gill" so you can breath while on the surface without taking it off or using your air supply

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like them and it's nice to have one to use when in ice cold water. It does keep the face from turning red from the colder temps. You still need to leave a little water inside to splash around and keep the lens from fogging but they work great. We also planned on using the more expensive model with voice communication and had them on order when California kicked us in the teeth... Start with a cheapo to make sure that you like it, then if you want to spend the money, do so - https://www.amazon.com/Full-Face-Bl...ts=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:2771540011
Make sure that you have the right hood that will seal over and around the outside of it and enjoy being warm :) DSCF0017.jpg

Last edited:

polekaat

Jan 5, 2006
Ramah, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II
Technetics G2+
5" keene dredge
2 1/2" keene highbanker/dredge combo
Keene A-52 sluice
4 Stack Deluxe Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I used the old standard, mouth held regulator, and dive mask. Then I found a Ocean Reef Neptune II, on Craigslist for $150. I will never go back. Everyone who dredges with me, ends up buying a full face mask too.

Polekaat

Strebs

May 16, 2014
New Mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got this mask last year. Could never get it to seal right, would always leak around the temple area for both my dive partner and I. For all the hassle i just went back to goggles and grew a beard :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread