Keene Mini Max Feedback

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone used the Keene mini max? I'd like to get some feedback on it before I place my order. I'm in need of a 12v system like this that is portable and also need to get something for clean ups anyway. Right now all I have is a A52 conversion but there is no way I can feed enough water thru it with 12v pumps and it's too big anyway. Also, I assume the mini max comes with a piece of miracle mat but it doesn't technically say that on the website. To me it looks like the perfect little setup.

OP
OP
treasuresalvor

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be the guinea pig then.

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i believe it does come with the miracle and 2 water pumps. iam also interested it but would like some feed back about how well it works pro's and con's.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Believe I'd go with a Gold Cube before that unit, especially for the
clean up's. You'll need to classify for either unit, and the GC has a long
proven track record of leaving little, if any, gold behind.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a interesting unit. Getting 3 pieces of equipment in one is pretty cool. Have you looked at the gold hog multi sluice?

OP
OP
treasuresalvor

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the cube but I need to run material faster than what it can handle and I need something that I can pack in on a dirtbike, the Keene could be put on a backpack frame. I don't really care for the gold hog, not for all my needs anyway. As for the clean ups, any one of them would be fine, I run all of the "super cons" through the blue bowl anyway.

clarkkent57

Apr 10, 2017
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking at the same choices and I'm opting for the Keene system, having had a Keene product before and being impressed with the build, results, and portability. Kind of seems like the best all-in-one especially for roughing it.

digger34

Apr 1, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ordering a Keene Mini max. Will let everyone know how it does

OP
OP
treasuresalvor

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ordering a Keene Mini max. Will let everyone know how it does

They work good. If you order one from Keene you might get a single larger pump(2200gph I think) with a ball valve instead of the two smaller pumps. Mark said they were having a hard time getting the pumps so I don't know if the real reason for the change was just a sourcing issue, an improvement in operation, or just a way to keep their costs down. ( one less hose, one less pump, one less metal connector.) Anyway, I don't know why Keene didn't make these a long time ago.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Re-supplying and trying to keep up with a demand for equipment / parts has done in some equipment manufactory's . Some supplier's just cant get the items needed fast enough or their supply has gone bust then people freak out thinking they got "screwed"! Some did and some didn't ! I'm surprised that Keene stays in Cal. and don't go to a friendlier state ! BUT where's that???? Them wacoenviromentalteriorist's are all over the place like cockroachs!

Chris Wanz

Greenie
Mar 16, 2017
Oakdale California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATX Gold Detector , GARRETT PRO-POINTER AT, GOLD HOG MULTI SLUICE , GOLD HOG RAPTOR , BARE WETSUIT, TUSA MASK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had talked to Mark week's ago regarding the changes they we're making in the Mini Max and he told me to hold off on buying one until they made the changes from 2 pumps to one 2200gph pump. He mentioned that most guys didn't want to have to deal with two pumps (myself included) and that's why they we're making the change. It makes sense since the power consumption is about the same from two pumps to one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chris Wanz

Greenie
Mar 16, 2017
Oakdale California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATX Gold Detector , GARRETT PRO-POINTER AT, GOLD HOG MULTI SLUICE , GOLD HOG RAPTOR , BARE WETSUIT, TUSA MASK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had talked to Mark week's ago regarding the changes they we're making in the Mini Max and he told me to hold off on buying one until they made the changes from 2 pumps to one 2200gph pump and the ball valve. He mentioned that most guys didn't want to have to deal with two pumps (myself included) and that's why they we're making the change. It makes sense since the power consumption is about the same from two pumps to one. He also mentioned the use of a Pulse Width Modulator to help save battery energy.

stevewa

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2005
La Pine, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 for coins/jewelry, Makro Gold Racer for Gold Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone get a chance to use their Mini Max this last summer? If so, what are your thoughts on the unit? Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread