kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
At the same time, I'd have a problem with anyone who would say he "couldn't" have such an operation! Let some enviro-nut come out now trying to say he's hurting "The Environment". :occasion14:

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's he dredging? A pond?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like just a hole in the ground. Dig a hole, let it fill with water (rain?) and crank up the dredge. :occasion14:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably a fish biologist removing mud/sediment to place fresh gravel.

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would imagine that he wouldn't like his picture / location posted on the net for "all" to see !

If someone can guess his location from that pic they deserve to know where he is. The post doesn't even say a state. Should be ok.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's cool as no embedded gps location. REMEMBER to shut off that function on your camera when taking pics like this or things can/do happen-john

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like hes mucking out a low spot or old pond. There are a few mud/cattail piles on the right. Looks like a pro line to me. I don't see enough water to run a dredge.

Unless his hole is deeper than we see.
he's probably having fun whatever hes doing8-)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EZ to do low flow..Just run tarp across any flow, suction hose goes under the tarp,secure with rocks all around and as pic shows after 3 hours still some decent viz for a gold miner-Works even with minor rain runoff(we got plenty now to even run a 5")John

Attachments

• 100_2231recirc camo.jpg
    100_2231recirc camo.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 413

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm wondering if something like the Grays river rehab system of keeping the sediment from returning to the river and only allowing the gravel back in would be an option to propose to the state regulators to keep rivers open for dredging? More equipment to pack in but, doable if the gold payoff is worth it to you :dontknow:

The results would be clean gravel in the river, silt dumping and staying away from the water with deeper, cooler pools for the fish. The proof is in the video.

By the way, the Grays is in my backyard and it worked well for dog salmon. If done in the main river and the larger tributaries, the Chinook, Coho, Sockeye and various trout would benefit as well.

Just a thought ???

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EZ to do low flow..Just run tarp across any flow, suction hose goes under the tarp,secure with rocks all around and as pic shows after 3 hours still some decent viz for a gold miner-Works even with minor rain runoff(we got plenty now to even run a 5")John

John at the work shop we actually got them talking about miners using/ engineering technology for mitigation. Even though we all know it isn't necessary. They were very interested.

Does Rick have a picture of a silt curtain in use? If not talk to him about it. He's right up the road from me. We've talked a few time now. I will be working with him. I was actually thinking of this picture during the workshop as you have shared it before.

Thanks for your help.

Do you have the original Higher res. picture?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking through over 10,000 pics for a water heater for Russ I can say It's in there, somewhere. GOOGLE and plenty of info by the 1,000 as used in many places-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should ask also is that just a "tarp" or is it a filter cloth of some sort

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a tarp for reverse flow restrictions. 1,000s of styles for down stream filtering use. Goodwill $1 blankets, thermal style , work pretty darn good 10' apart when you don't want downstream users to know whatsup-John

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fish oil and burlap folks!

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
looks like someone is taking advantage of the flood..... pretty sure its not illegal to dig a hole fill with water and suck out w a dredge. though im sure ca would still try to prosecute

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions