Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SB3 Hearing Monday Feb. 6th 3:00pm HR C

SB 3 extends the moratorium to behind dams and waterfalls with no salmon
creates a new permit to take effect at the end of the moratorium,
that is a prohibition of all in-stream mining, with no permitted activity.
Creates powers for the state to validate mining claims if you want to work.
Takes away the right to sue for a “taking” as validated claims can get a permit.
Provides a MOU for DEQ from DSL for removal/fill permits but the state does
not provide 404 permitting, the current DSL authorization is an exemption
The individual permit is a “Joint” permit covered by the Army Corp of Engineers.
Operations from 9:00 to 5:00, $10,000 fine operating without a permit.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Measures/Overview/SB3

SB3 Hearing Monday Feb. 6th 3:00pm HR C

committee members;
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Send comments;
[email protected]

staff;
[email protected]
503-986-1751

chief sponsor; Peter Courtney pushing this in memory Alan Bates
[email protected]

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG as the anti dredging(now ALL mining)cancer spreads yet ever farther, deeper and more vicious. The dirty dogs got a bone to pick and it's covered in $$$$CASH$$$$$$. Wish you all the luck as we're under attack in calif from many directions also. sic sic sic enviro bull-John :censored:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That will screw me in my non ESH creek the dirty b******. Roblan is my so called representative who would not discuss talking points or listen to me when SB838 was in committee, but deferred to what the committee came up with. Stacked deck in other words. Now he is in the committee on this one. Blood sucked in the school system and now blood sucking as a legislator and reaping benefits as a "legislator" as in PERS, and legislating without represention. Alan Olsen will fight for us big time, but is out numbered. This whole mess is a disgusting show put on by the politics in Salem and Portland. The lefty sheep will follow these people. Maybe I'll melt some lead from dredging at the front door to the capital during lunch hour.

OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any written comments or testimony because the hearing is Monday have to be in 24 hours before,
so to be in front of the committee for the hearing they have to be sent by Friday.
Please send study's, comments, what taking your family mining means to to you.
anything PLEASE...

Comments;
put SB3 , that you Oppose
and who you are at the bottom.
[email protected]

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
damn eco-nazis, wish you guys the best of luck, is there any word from the gpaa? are they gonna fight it? hope one day to get out there and get some of your yellow stuff.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
for what its worth, i sent an email to the senator supporting it saying i strongly opposed it

this is what i sent
I strongly OPPOSE SB3 and its propossed legislation. i find it appauling that you are still trying to further restrict the publics activitys like the ECO-Nazis in California have been doing for years without regard to federal law. as a small scale miner. we remove lots of harmful things from the water like Lead, mercury and fishing hooks when we dredge and create more fish friendly habitat. The ECO-Nazis are always falsely claiming dredging hurts fish and their habitat. i have many videos of all types of fish swimming by my intake nozzle and eating the "food" i uncover, plus i have seen fresh "spawning beds" in areas that i dredged the previous season, so obviously its not hurting them and made the spot better to spawn in. Last season, i had a sunfish keep me company for over 3 weeks. within a couple minutes of me getting in the water, he showed up and stayed with me till i stopped for the day. i Understand the whole restriction when the salmon are running and spawning, but there is no reason to restrict mining above the dams and areas where salmon dont reach or spawn. if this passes,i will be selling my claim interest and me and my family wont be spending money in the local economy anymore for the months we stay and will get a claim in a more "american" friendly state. I really hope you rethink your support of this Bad Proposal and dont end up like california, a state full of ECO-Nazis driving prius cars which have lithium batterys and are worse for the environment than diesel tractor trailers

Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
whats happened? did it get passed?

OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another "dog and pony show" for the benefit of the masses. Party line mentality and no matter what the miners say, do or think.....this will be another bill that will severely limit or curtail mining in Oregon. Don't these Uneducated dweebs realize that they are using tech equipment and a multitude of other gadgets that the internal workings are supported by mining efforts? Now we will have more legal battles to fight in courts here in Oregon as well as their stupid laws will decimate another industry...........totally senseless!

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe a number of issues should be realized. 1st the original Oregon anti dredge bill had a number of flaws; (one MUST remember prior to passage; the then acting Governor requested an opinion as to the merits and legality of SB838). The Oregon Dept of Justice stated the bill was NOT legal (putting it in lay terms per my understanding of the original response). But the Governor had an in-house DOJ dept head who suggested they go ahead and allow the bill......again per my understanding. There were a number of methods by which opposition could counter the finalized anti bill. The "takings" method only applied to those miners with active claims....again per my understanding. So addressing the "Takings" now the State can come back and request miners to show that motorized mining produces "prudent gold recovery". If no prudent gold recovery then "takings" would be a moot issue. Additionally the state regulatory aspect over those claimants who meet the "prudent standard" can be quite complex. A state permit of say $2,500.00 would/could be deemed inconsequential when miners are recovering significant amounts of gold. The states regulatory issues are likely to be quite stringent....but then of course the "TAKINGS" aspect of the counter suits would be overcome by the state and is 'Moot".
I really have not been following this in great detail as I really have no faith in a resolve/remedy worthy of extensive research and effort at this time per the State.
I am awaiting a new Secretary of Interior and Agriculture and wanting to see challenges that can go beyond the States intrusions and get into Federal Court. On that note one must have some knowledge of the 9th Circuit. 80% of their rulings have been overturned in the higher court. Even the USFS lost 99% of their cases for timber harvest challenge in the 9th.

Again...just my opinion at this moment in time and if I have missed the mark I can stand corrected.

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread