TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas of what size inner tube to use? I'm going to get one coming from Amazon today I think!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The bigger the better just so long as it doesnt fall through the middle LOL, the smaller tubes are kind of tippy especially on this style dredge the weight distribution over the flotation changes dramatically wether the dredge is running or not. I found this video on youtube showing a dredge just like your new baby

OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bigger the better just so long as it doesnt fall through the middle LOL, the smaller tubes are kind of tippy especially on this style dredge the weight distribution over the flotation changes dramatically wether the dredge is running or not. I found this video on youtube showing a dredge just like your new baby

That looks exactly like mine! I ordered some bungee cords, some tie down ropes, and other little things today. I just need the snow to melt already!!! Only a few more months. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I just need the snow to melt already!!! Only a few more months. Ugh!

I just spent an hour and a half before running my kid to school shoveling another 6" of that crap this morning here in Kenai :-( Almost 300' of drive way and a parking area. Most of it fell in about 3 hours yesterday evening at about 32* then it dropped back to low 20s over night. Some heavy stuff. 1st real winter we have had in a while & I am so over it. New Polaris Ranger 6x6 sitting in a couple feet of snow with 1.4 miles on it & a new to me 2.5" dredge kinda like yours sitting in the garage & we finally get a winter...

OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right?? Same here in Anchorage. Just got a new side by side as well. Looks like we're both going to go insane.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm feeling it here in California, My claim is fairly high altitude and next to impossible to access in winter.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Tinted Snow, what SxS did you get?

N-Lionberger, where is Crockett? I used to haul logs up in the Quincy area & down into Redding/Anderson. Was born in Redding but grew up in Klamath Falls Oregon. worked in the woods all over southern OR & north east CA.

OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinted Snow, what SxS did you get?

N-Lionberger, where is Crockett? I used to haul logs up in the Quincy area & down into Redding/Anderson. Was born in Redding but grew up in Klamath Falls Oregon. worked in the woods all over southern OR & north east CA.

New Rzr

OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_3512.JPG

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Ahhh a go fast guy :-) I'm old & slow so I figured the Ranger 6x6 was more my speed :-)
Nice looking machine! Should get you into some remote places with that new dredge.

Last edited:

Auhunt

Dec 7, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great starter dredge now if you don't have it get a dry land nosel an all my dredges are crash box by Keene it very hard to blow out box good luck happy dredging

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OKBP Dang , I've always had to hump mine in one component at a time. I'm lucky to even have a trail ! LOL

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
OKBP, what's the green stuff under your trailer?
Rod, up here the ATV or UTV will get you to where you start humping (if you want to dredge somewhere "fresh".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread