Sluice to a Highbanker

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys....Needing some help and advice

I currently am running like a 4'x10" sluice with a 2" 6.5 hp pump with a power jet into a header box.
I wanted to see if it was possible to use that water pump and feed a highbanker hopper?

If so is there a way to make a hopper with the grisly bars on it? I seen a jobe but it's like $360 after shipping. Any ideas on making one or links to cheaper ones?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more than enough pump. You tube DIY hibankers for Ideas.

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
get one of these turn it upside down, cut out some areas make a grizzly from an old refer shelf and a spray bar, dont forget post photos of your project
NDS 10 in. x 15 in. x 10 in. Meter Box and Plastic Drop-In Meter Reader Cover-D1000-RB - The Home Depot

:BangHead: I've wondered Home depot so many times i cant believe I missed something like this... NOW I CAN FINALLY MAKE A DECENT HOPPER!! Thanks Winners!:hello2:

This is why T-net rocks! :headbang:

edit - got picks of some for inspiration? :P

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. So do I need to put anything special in the sluice part under the hopper or anything special in the hopper?

I've seen some where they put a piece of expanded metal or something similar with holes right under the hopper in the sluice. And I'm pretty sure I've seen some hoppers with miners moss in it.

My understanding is the hopper is JUST to wash the material allowing the gold to drop down into the sluice and the unwanted material to wash out of the hopper.

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also does the angle of the sluice box change when highbanking versus dredging? I usual set my sluice 1" to very foot when dredging. So like 3-4" angle, should that stay the same when using a hopper?

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a beautiful write up! Thanks for the link! I did not see that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread