p.o.o. approved

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so , its taken a year since I applied for my plan of operation , but I was approved by water board , I will be able to run my little proline pump , I can pump water from active creek to dry creek for washing , water will settle out and re enter active creek downstream , I sent photos and short movie along with application , I will be running my trommel this may/june in Nevada county ca, with written permission from all agencys involved , including extended camping permit , I cant believe it ...

I know I had these rights to start with , but with all the red tape , it was easier for me to apply , than to just wait it out , I'm glad I did

Attachments

• IMG_8901.JPG
    IMG_8901.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 181

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What permits are they making you get?

Can you share any paperwork with us or maybe in private.

Are you on you're own claim?

F.S. or BLM?
What did you apply for at the swrcb?
did they make you get a diversion permit or just file a notice of diversion

Stream alteration permit from DFW?

Did you submit an noi and get prompted to file a POO? or did you just do that on your own?

Screw how nice your trommel is there are much better things to discuss:laughing7:

also in what county?

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe he says Nevada county? If thats so... I maybe starting work here very soon for the summer near Lake of the Pines(Nevada County) so I'll be up that way quite often in May/June. Maybe I can give ya hand digging that sucker someday. I've got a trommel made out of wood, pvc and an 8" pvc barrel lol. Not worthy of this beast! :D

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey sunshine , size or color does not matter , its how you work it, lol
worthiness comes from work ethic , not gear , I have seen some nice gear barely ever get used ,and then its not worthy of anything , and ive seen some dudes with minimal gear do very well , your willingness to just keep digging is the key

goldwasher and sunshine I sent you a pm , call me if you have questions , the process is too long to type out , but in reality it was very easy to perform

thanks for the compliments , best of luck to all you diggers

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a basic breakdown of my process :
called waterboard for my region , spoke with mining engineer , apologized for my ignorance , asked for direction on how to complete process correctly , called forest service for my district , apologized for my ignorance and confusion , explained my situation to both parties , received p.o.o. application , filled out completely , included map , hand drawn diagram , pictures , video on cd of trommel and trommel water consumption requirements , average run time per day , provided to both agencys , they coordinated an on site inspection , determined my plan to be not harmful , I have no fish or lizards or frogs , no surface disturbance , due to refilling my holes , work confined to dry riverbed sections , water will percolate through gravels , filter out , re-enter steam clean ,
don't run motors non stop , prepare all your materials , then fire up , run materials and shut down , no need to fill 2 buckets and go run em , fill 20 or 100 , then run em , let your box run correctly , don't rush it , just get it done , and shut down , clean out , repeat daily, I average 40 or so buckets a day , can run em all in 1 hour or so , hence the preparation NOT much run time , agencys like minimal , also fuel effecient
fuels always stored and used over catch bins for spillage ,
have a personal restroom in my camper for human waste ,
plan based on exploration not production, much more lenient permit ,
be polite , they have the power , explain how you wish to comply with all rules
no appropriation permit required , no diversion or alteration happening so also not required ,
plan determined "best left to f.s. supervision , under best management practices " requirements ,
which means : be environmentally conscious , use common sense , take good care of your claim , you are the steward of the land , represent all miners in a positive light (or hurt us all)

hope this helps anyone , trying to proceed

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got pm will call and ask then too but, it sounds like...

You were told you didn't reallly need a plan of op..Did they make you post a bond?

You did what you thought was necessary thats how NOI and POO works miner activated.

Prospectors are allowed to work under best practices on their claims. With no permit in almost all cases.

It is very interesting to have your situation back that up.

There are certain districts that may have approved with a bond.Sounds like you are working under normal allowed circumstances.
Not necessarily an "approved plan of operation"

good for you :icon_thumright: I will still give you a call when I'm not so busy. Maybe visit when your here.

Heck I would love for you to run 40 buckets an hour not a day. You would still be exploring.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But none of that matters, cause didn't you hear that SB 637 banned motors for mining within 300 ft of a banned waterway....

Lol

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know about all the bans ,i was directed to file a plan by both agencys , that's why i filed a plan , plan approved , left to bmps , i can run both motors , they did on site inspection like i said , no issues , I prepare and wash 40 or so buckets per day, takes 1 hr to wash
no issues =no bond , approved to work means my plan is approved

Last edited:
OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hefty1 , what does that mean

Burrows

Mar 1, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Whites V Sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for this tread. Great news to hear for all of us and also gives me some direction. Trying to figure some of these things out can be very discouraging. Happy and safe hunting.

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you and your welcome burrows, that was my goal , if you need more info , just pm me

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hefty1 , what does that mean

What it means is your story. Tells a different story than is being told to small scale prospectors, in California. It is also a story that some of us have been telling others is a true story.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I forgot and I hope you will tell

How much did it cost to "apply"

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What it means is your story. Tells a different story than is being told to small scale prospectors, in California. It is also a story that some of us have been telling others is a true story.

Who's telling the stories GW?

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gw I'm not really sure where your trying to take this , and for a guy that has my phone number , but no time to call you sure type alot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread