Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Dream Mat vs Gold Hog Mat

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10913 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Bye... Bye in..3.....2....1..........

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3498 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommat View Post
    I am a Dream Mat distributor, but I can say this with certainty: Dream Mat is the first mat that has been scientifically designed using fluid dynamic principles and physics to develop the mini cyclone cells that catch the gold. Most of all other mats on the market are just re-purposed conveyor belt mats. Everything catches gold and works to a degree. There is nothing that is perfect, but Dream Mat is the closest, able to catch even the finest of gold particles. Test after test against all of the mats on the market revealed Dream Mat excelled at capturing gold. We have a standing challenge with Doc at Gold Hog to do a live test between Gold Hog and Dream Mat..... he has so far declined.
    How does the gold swim upstream? I would say it could work but only with the correct feed rate, slope, flow & volume.
    I've watched hundreds of video's and tests only one or two are set up just right, most are just expensive miller tables.
    others are from newbies they catch gold all the way down... and out the end, but it's the best they have ever used woohooo...
    there are some "how to setup" videos from Gold Rat sluices but not so much from mr. Peterson any time mats are mentioned on FB
    there he is to sell sell sell, I get tired of hearing about this mat or that mat, IMHO try different ones keep the ones that work...
    Last edited by winners58; Aug 09, 2018 at 11:44 PM.
    rodoconnor and Darth Placer like this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    995 times
    Prospecting
    Sure they’ll catch it. Anything will catch it. I made a nose out of clay. Lil nuggie just swirled around. Hanging there a lot like the real thing.

The only real question is wha do they lose?

Mar 2005
    Canada
    Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
    2362 times
    I have the dream mat. I estimated that I lost about 25% of my very fine flour gold. My extension sluice got what the dream mat missed. I quit using it. I still have it and plan to use it in other places where the gold is a bit bigger.

This is what I currently use. (below)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37700842_10156529840944476_5697520717986267136_n.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	1620574
    Darth Placer and N-Lionberger like this.
    Wife + 4 kids (no grandkids yet)Orthopedics RN, photagraphy,writer, build electronic gizmos, previous hot air balloon pilot, coin collector for 40 years.

"METAL DETECTING IS A HOBBY AND HOBBIES ARE MEANT TO BE ENJOYED"

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    John, If I may ask, what type of expanded is in the upper section and is that ribbed mat under the mesh? Thanks.
    John is a little tied up with the Redding Cal. fire. but he has unbacked Veranda carpet in the sluice and it is made by Shaw carpet.

Charter Member
    us
    Mine President, XPBC

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    548 times
    Prospecting
    I had an encounter with the guy who came up with the dream mat on a FB diy prospecting equipment group. Some chap from France had used a 3D printer to make a variety of different riffle styles for his cleanup sluice including some that looked vaguely like the dream mat which sent him into a full blown temper tantrum, accused the frenchman of ripping him off stealing food from his children it was incredible.
    Beav and Hamfist like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links