motorized trommel,sluice/recirculating sytem first test

jrib1

Jul 22, 2016
Ascutney, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 , Bounty Hunter, Keene dredge/hibanker, Keene sluice, Garrett. Pinpointed, rock crusher, miller table, gold miner spiral wheel,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
additional infoPutting together a trommel , using my dredge coupled with a sluice for extension, recirculating water system, installed gold hog mats of 4 different kinds, running this thing seems to work ok but I have a question with air bubbles on the lower sections that form behind riffles in mats. do they create a problem and if they do, how to get rid of them ? I tried changing water flow and angle, use jet dry, and washed mats with soap couple times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jrib1

Jul 22, 2016
Ascutney, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 , Bounty Hunter, Keene dredge/hibanker, Keene sluice, Garrett. Pinpointed, rock crusher, miller table, gold miner spiral wheel,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well looks like I solved my concern by reducing slope from 14 deg to 9.2 deg on upper section and 6 deg on lower section, after running just dirt all looks well, tomorrow I'll run the goldhog concentrate that has gold in it for final test.,, I posted a youtube video and will try to post link here

OP
OP
J

jrib1

Jul 22, 2016
Ascutney, VT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think this will work

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread