2" Pressure dredge hose?

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use old fire hose. Built for HIGH pressure and works year round, and it rolls up tight to take up little storage space.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanaflex 151 available in hardware stores, farm supply, ag supply,contractor supply,miner supply just look under hoses in the yellow pages and plenty to go around. pacific Rubber, West Sacramento supply on on on-John

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use old fire hose. Built for HIGH pressure and works year round, and it rolls up tight to take up little storage space.
The down side to FH is it is not rigid and can kink. It is great when it works but doesn't always do well for the short distances for jets and will always kink with a SN as there isn't enough back pressure to keep it from kinking

ratled

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just using the blue lay-flat from Tractor supply as my pressure hose. I know most say that this shouldn't be done, but since it was so easy to acquire and not that expensive I tried it two years ago, and I've never had a problem, so I stick with it. I've run it in cold (but not sub-freezing) temperatures.

I run 2" pressure from the pump toward the nozzle, and then I have an 8' section of rigid hose that goes into the nozzle.
Here's a picture of the setup (and of my son running the nozzle):
00xW1Of.png

(I hope I'm understanding the original question correctly...)

- Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread