hookah help - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: hookah help

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2013
    10 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I emailed keene about the engine they uae and the keene hp 160 I bought a week ago. I'll post a pic of the motor. I was told with pump I could not add air because the exhaust is on the wrong side. If someone could explain to me all the motors I look at the exhaust is the exact same.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170605_180321.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	1459280

Sent from my SM-N910V using TreasureNet.com mobile app

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    51102 times
    Exhaust should be directed away... intake should be snorkeled at least 15-18 inches ABOVE motor.

Higher the better.

Exhaust director can be obtained from some lawn mower supply parts houses.
    Last edited by AARC; Jun 07, 2017 at 04:29 AM.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3780 times
    depends on where the exhaust hole on the muffler comes out it shouldn't come out the side or towards your air compressor
    not a fan with using an intake snorkel, heat rises, right! it also gives a sense of being safe, exhaust fumes will kill you!
    if the intake is low you will get good fresh air and pay attention to the direction the wind is blowing. be safe every dive...

might be able to change the muffler with an after market one, its only held on with two bolts,
    I like my Briggs, never owned a Honda
    Last edited by winners58; Jun 05, 2017 at 11:55 PM.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    51102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    depends on where the exhaust hole on the muffler comes out it shouldn't come out the side or towards your air compressor
    not a fan with using an intake snorkel, heat rises, right! it also gives a sense of being safe, exhaust fumes will kill you!
    if the intake is low you will get good fresh air and pay attention to the direction the wind is blowing. be safe every dive...

might be able to change the muffler with an after market one, its only held on with two bolts,
    I like my Briggs, never owned a Honda
    Beings I am a compressor diver... I will only give you advice that will keep you alive. heh

There are more than one reason for a snorkel...

Close to the ground intake is not only a bad move... but can add some souvenirs of your dive permanently to you lungs for life.

The potential to suck up dusts created from the vibrations of the motor OR other dusts created from wind / breeze is a serious hazard.
    No matter what filter you have installed... you are sucking up microscopic particulates... which depending on the area and comp of soil...
    can remain a permanent addition to your lungs.

Also... another hazard can be mists created from being close or even around moving water itself...
    water mists are FORCED into your breathing line and into your lungs.

And will also create molds in systems that are not completely dried of this vapor after each and every dive.

The wind statement is correct... this is always a concern no matter the setup.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6675 times
    Name:  what dredge hahaha.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  16.1 KBSee how far back I cut the vegetation to get as much clean air as possible and any breeze. Low tone BS have directional flow exhaust so point it straight up as hot air and gases rise and then NO snorkel as that's where they are above the engine to suck in the exhaust. If you point down or sides it feeds right back into your engine and clogs the air intake there also. Always err on the side of caution. John
    russau and winners58 like this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    51102 times
    Here is one of my "rigs"... built by Brownie.
    Rebuilt several times and "tweaked"... by me. heh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00800.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	667.6 KB 
ID:	1459559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00801.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	661.3 KB 
ID:	1459560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00802.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	636.2 KB 
ID:	1459564
    winners58 and Hoser John like this.

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    816 times
    Prospecting
    I have my air snorkel on the opposite side of my dredge from the motor and it goes about 3 feet up in the air. It also makes a convenient place to hang up my air hose when not in use.
    AARC and russau like this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    51102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post
    I have my air snorkel on the opposite side of my dredge from the motor and it goes about 3 feet up in the air. It also makes a convenient place to hang up my air hose when not in use.
    This would be the correct configuration / situation.

Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by seekerGH View Post
    Looking at this diagram, I dont think this would work.

Typical hookah setups (hookah is around 1ATM or 33 feet) put out around 50psi and 2 to 4cfm per diver. If you are working hard, you will need more than 2CFM.

Looking at this, at 50 psi you get a little less than 2 cfm, and it never gets to 4, and then you have to consider what depth you want to max at.

hookah max is 2.55 at 65psi, while this one is about 1.75 at 65psi

It needs to be an oil free compressor, not necessarily a medical grade compressor.

A very common air compressor to use for hookah is the Thomas 1020. (2.62 CFM at 50PSI)

SuperSnorkel
    Attachment 1457269Attachment 1457270Attachment 1457273
    Hello, sorry about bringing up an old post.. I am in the pool business and sometimes have to get in the pools to inspect and do repairs. We have this same Thomas 1020 setup that's seen it's better days. I'm putting together a new rig . I was able to put together a system by buying things separately online for half the price as that the places that sell pool and diving rigs charge. Since the 1020 is no longer available I found a 1hp compressor very similar that rates at 6.0 CFM displacement .

So I bought a hose, 2nd stg reg, inline filter and a intake filter for the compressor. The fellow I bought the hose from on Ebay tells me I need a water separator filter and at least a 1gl tank to keep the pressure constant. The original rig we have doesn't have any of those things. Do I need that?

Here's the specs on the compressor which I have no idea what it means

Horsepower: 1
    SCFM@40 psig: 4.5
    SCFM@90 psig: 3.0
    Displacement CFM: 6.0
    Bore: 2 3/8"
    Stroke: 9"

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4491 times
    A air tank is HIGHLY recommended as far as I'm concerned! My dredge used a S.S. korny keg that I got from a guy that worked for a soda company. I like being able to open the lid for a complete cleaning and inspection !!
    N-Lionberger and mortar like this.

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    816 times
    Prospecting
    He's jumping in a pool to inspect things, he said he didn't need a tank before, that being said I also use a soda keg, it was a huge improvement on the plastic keene tank its easy to suck that air working against the current moving rocks around. I cannot wait to run my new to me PCA10.
    mortar likes this.

Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post
    He's jumping in a pool to inspect things, he said he didn't need a tank before, that being said I also use a soda keg, it was a huge improvement on the plastic keene tank its easy to suck that air working against the current moving rocks around. I cannot wait to run my new to me PCA10.
    Yes, I may be under water 15-20 minutes at the most. This is the same rig I've been using for years.

Name:	ed-hh.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	1733698

This is the setup that the company we bought the original is selling now. From my research the compressor is probably made by Thomas too.
    https://www.leaktools.com/super-snor...dive-unit.html

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    567 times
    Prospecting
    I used to have extensions on my T80 inlets:

Name:	DSC00028.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	1744883
    But after installing a hot water unit on one of the hondas, extending the muffler up a foot, and having a problem
    with the pumps sucking 88 to 100 degree heated air (gets hot here on those summer days) that dried my mouth
    out I made a big change that seems to be working well this year. I cut the extensions down and ran cheap plastic
    drier vent hose down and forward about three feet and the inlets are about six inches off the water with white socks
    for filtering. The micron filtering idea is I guess o.k. for some but hells bells I breath the air here 24/7 and any filter
    I have tried cuts the air flow down. Nice moist cool air, filtering to stop the bugs, is what I've been breathing all season.

Name:	DSC00023.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	1744884

p.s. Kinda hard to see but notice the ratchet tie down at the front of the box to lift and lower the box depending
    on material? Mentioned it in a previous thread. Keene's system just doesn't work when the box is full and you are by yourself.
    Last edited by mendoAu; Aug 21, 2019 at 03:06 AM.
    winners58 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links