Homemade footvalve?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using one I made for a smaller pump . It can be done, but there's nothing more agrevating than a foot valve that doesn't work !

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I bought my new rubber flapper ($17) at the farm/AG irrigation store I saw lots of used/rebuilt ones,
they were reasonably priced $55-75. I use a bulge pump and small battery to prime it.
I'd take a better photo but everything is loaded up, finally get some time off...

my "Sure-Flo" foot valve;
DSC05544.JPG

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I did the same as you winners! Most of them were for 2 inch dredges but I also made one for a 4 inch using the rubber cap and slicing around the lower edge to act as the check valve. I'm in the process now of making my own manual mandrel tubing bender for 1 1/4 tube. I'll make the 1 1/2 if this will work out like I want it to. I just weld the end closed and fill it with sand and put it into my bender with a set dia. for each size pipe and bring it around. Hopefully I'll be strong enough to bend this correctly!

akflyer

Jun 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think it would be pretty easy to make a foot valve with some pipe and a joker valve from a marine toilet. Or the flapper valve out of one. I will find out when I get home in a couple weeks. Can probably be done with some PVC screw couplers and pipe to put the Joker valve in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread