double hooka tanks

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, I have inherited a second tank from someone that can't use it. would their be any advantage to having both tanks hooked up on dredge? more air should compressor stop? waste of time? I carry a spare air anyway but pain in the ass to get filled if I ever have to use. ( yes I am certified diver, just nowhere close to fill).

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add with a cross connector and more safety with additional air reserve is great for any depth diving. Never too much in reserve for sure-John

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The white plastic? More air can be helpful if you wait to come up until after the motor runs out of gas but it's not needed. The little plastic ones are small and don't give you much to begin with but the larger stainless steel is always worth adding a second tank if your pump is large enough to keep them full. There's a few variables but one tank for each diver if you run multiple divers is nice. We've had up to 6 people breathing at the same time underwater off of one Gast compressor with no problem. In that case, the more tanks the better :evil6:

OP
OP
rick.ther

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have one of each now, my first one is a steel. I just inherited a plastic keene. I have both a kac and t80 depending on what dredge.

Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i made one from an Harbor freight aluminum portable air tank, works great, is light and holds plenty of air even with my commercial diving bandmask to come to surface from 10ft when the dredge stops running

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I also used the stainless steel Korny soda keg on 2 of my dredges. they were very cheap and easy to make work for this! . Now I also have a alum. frame w/ a 3 H.P. engine running a T80 compressor floating on inflatable floats like Keene has on their 2 inch dredge. I have a another Korny keg for it but just haven't got time to get-r-done !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread