Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hookah reserve tanks, I want to replace my plastic keene tank or add another so I can breath deeper, is there a max size for a T80? Apart from beer/soda kegs are there any other alternative tank options?

My dredge is almost as old as the hills and has these really flimsy latches on the sluice that pop open at the drop of the hat, I saw a fist size rock roll down the riffle ladder and they popped loose. Latching them down is a pain and hard with cold wet fingers, any recommendations on latches/alternative methods of securing riffles?

I want to convert the box to an over under, if using punch plate for the classifier what would be the smallest recommended hole size?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dredge size, header box style info would help. I like dual sized punch plate(1 size under,one size for the first couple riffles up top. John PS. adjustable slider seperator tray to control water flow to under. punchplate ramp up and size classifier up top.jpg over under classifier.jpg

OP
OP
N

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey John its an old 4" keene with the crashbox header.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your pulleys sizes and convert them to a 2 to 1 ratio. Some older Keene's have over 3 to 1 with a 7" pulley on the T80. If you have 2-1/2 on the pump, then you want a 5" on the T80 as long as you have the motor maxed at 3600rpm. If you run with a lower rpm then you will need a smaller pulley on the T80 to keep it at 1800.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread