I think I had a screw lose

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my 4" mini out the last two weekends on the last day after diving for 4 or 5 hours
the front screw holding it to the base must have come loose, my compressor just vibrated itself to death.
2017_0823_132126_005.JPG . 2017_0823_132039_001.JPG

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
If the damage is just to the base (as shown) it can be T.I.G. welded back together! OR M.I.G. welded with alum. wire. To bad you live so far away cause I would have welded it up for you and gave you a cold one while your waiting!:occasion14:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
From the looks of your pictures ,it could be T.I.G. or M.I.G. welded back together if it only broken at the base. I'd have it magnafluxed to check for cracks.

akflyer

Jun 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the looks of your pictures ,it could be T.I.G. or M.I.G. welded back together if it only broken at the base. I'd have it magnafluxed to check for cracks.

looks like aluminum, if so, it can't be checked with mag. PT or RT would be the only way to check for additional cracking issues.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
winners 58,
Personally I would never say that you had a loose screw but, your compressor sure did, :hello2:. Your share is totally appreciated as it shows others should watch out for, even the unexpected items like yours. Best of success with the repair!!.........................63bkpkr (PS - I took a fellow prospector over to where I play and as soon as we cleared the top of the ridge road, where the actual country I go in to could be seen, he instantly shouted "You're Crazy"! aka - I have a loose screw as well)

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two Words DUCT TAPE it fixes EVERYTHING! I am liking the TIG idea. It does look like a clean fix

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
winners 58,
Personally I would never say that you had a loose screw but, your compressor sure did, :hello2:. Your share is totally appreciated as it shows others should watch out for, even the unexpected items like yours. Best of success with the repair!!.........................63bkpkr (PS - I took a fellow prospector over to where I play and as soon as we cleared the top of the ridge road, where the actual country I go in to could be seen, he instantly shouted "You're Crazy"! aka - I have a loose screw as well)
Haha, Ive had people say that to me too. Even experienced prospectors. Their eyes get all big and they swallow hard.. and im all like what? It will be a piece of cake lol. Hiking aint for everyone I guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a loose screw for years. It just gets better though, like an aged wine!

OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all better now, had one still in the e-bay shipping box, went through it, washed it inside and out hot water and de-greasing dish soap
rinsed with hot water and alcohol, drop of mineral oil on the valves, new filter, tested good and set to 45psi
2017_0824_174056_004.JPG . 2017_0824_174044_003.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions