Looking for this thread on Fine Gold Trap at the end of a dredge.

jcooper

Aug 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for the original thread that this pic was posted in. I would like some more info about it. Thanks for any help.
Fine Gold Trap.jpg

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try google search what you think the thread is called and then add Tnet or treasure net after, works for me[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jcooper

Aug 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I googled it before I asked but not with TNet. I saw this in images when I looked up the gold grabber 4" dredge. It said it was saved to Pinterest from Tnet. I was hoping someone might remember it. I'll keep digging. Thanks for replying.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GoodGuy made that trap if I'm not mistaken. I made one for my 2.5 but haven't had much chance to play with it.

OP
OP
J

jcooper

Aug 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the Original thread. Thanks.

johngfoster

Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Garret pans (10", 14", SuperSluice),
Home-built Gold Hog-ish Highbanker a la Raptor
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you looking to make a sump on the end of the sluice? This is something similar that I made. It worked but wasn't really worth carrying around the extra gear.

Attachments

• 1505410680305.jpg
    1505410680305.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 1505410723031.jpg
    1505410723031.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 161

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's best to try and get your fine gold recovery dialed in at the head of your sluice.

IMHO an under current or muti stage is gonna catch way more that may be lost than something at the end.

The kind of gold moving of the end of a sluice is gonna have a hard time getting into a trap at the end.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Years back I made a fluid bed for the rear of my 4 inch dredge. Yes it caught gold but also lots of black sand that is heavy and it lowered the rear of my dredge like it was doing a wheelie. I got rid of it and was going to make another fluid bed to be mounted in the middle of my sluice. I never got around to making it happen .

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are going to lose some gold no matter what you do, the best way to try and save it is to construct an undercurrent classify the material so it is mostly fines and slow the water down, your classifier should do this. You could also jig your undercurrent a little this helps the heavier fines to drop out quicker.. it's very interesting to play with good miners Moss too really traps the fines..l the shape of the gold has a lot to do with recovery, thin flat pieces tend to float and sail over riffles it's the heavier looking pieces that are easier caught. . Then too no matter what you do your black sand production will increase but that's just part of gold recovery... Have fun I did. I learned a lot and was able to better recovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread